Does rap glamorize fighting, bullying and hatred (on a side note, for those who answer yes, do rappers incriminate themselves)?

Asked by: Adam2
  • Not all rappers, but the majority of them do

That's not to say that I like rap, however that's not the reason I say yes. I think most rappers, in a trend started by NWA and continued by Onyx, tend to glamorize hatred and fighting (and I don't mean fighting for strength, I mean assult). Rappers also brag about the things they do.

• It doesn't have to!

Some may, most don't. There are plenty of raps with a great message about freedom, equality and anti- bullying. Some raps, yes does glamorize fighting, bullying and hatred but we can't take a very few songs for the whole expressive rap genre.

Rap is a fun, entertaining and modern genre to listen to, and it teaches you a lot of lessons.

• It doesn't have to!

• No it doesn't.

Old School rap tells stories of life in the ghetto. There is violence in the rap because that's a part of real life events in the rappers' lives. Rap today glamorizes wealth, partying, sex, drugs, and well the rappers themselves. Violence is not as prevalent a theme in modern rap so I think it's unfair to say that rap glamorizes violence. I think rappers give the people what they want to hear. Violence is not as popular as it used to be. If you check the statistics you'd see that violence is on a pretty steady decline. Sexuality is on an enormous incline and therefor rap today is much more likely to be highly sexual than violent because sex overshadows violence in popularity.