• Lowers self-esteem, promotes suicide, etc

My friend dared me a while back to go the whole day only listening to rap. I listened to Cardi B, Kanye West, and more. It literally made me depressed for almost a month. It brought down my self-esteem a lot and my regular emo music wasn't helping. Rap music totally impacts the world negatively. They need to stop making it and just leave the music scene. It's disgusting, annoying, and it sometimes even leads people to suicide.

• How could glamourizing drugs,sex, domestic volience, and cop hatred not Hurt children?

Really do I need any supporting documentation, I mean come on people just think abou it. Rap music definitly contributes. The other main part of it is that so many parents have kids that they really could just care less about. Kids have no respect for anything anymore including themselves.

• Modern rap music perpetuates bad behavior

Just by reading the lyrics to modern top rap songs that millions of adolescents across the country avidly listen to, it is no surprise how many of them get involved in drugs, sex, and crime at such young ages. It is also no surprise that children from low-income families that also have awful grades in school seem to always favor unintelligent modern rap music with terrible lyrics.

• Rap music negatively influences teens & children.

Research done at Western Connecticut State University proves that those who listen to to violent rap music, their behavior negatively changes. Sometimes rap music leads to having sexual activity and can make poor grades. A study showed that at least 88% were more likely to use drugs or drink alcohol . This is why rap is negative on youth.~made by: FIo

• Kids should have a bright future but rap is in the way

Kids have a bright future but look at the rapper ''Lil Pump''. Pump has grabbed attention from youth teens and also children. To support my argument ''Lil Pump'' is only 17 years old and what can also make it worse; he has his own grandmother in his music video called ''gucci gang'' to make this argument work children would want to become rappers and get attention also..

• Yes rap music has a negatively impact youth culture

Rap music has a negative way of children because of their lyrics and soon those children would want to be a rapper so they can get
    attention. Their behaviour start to change and you'll never know if they are bullying at school and thinking they are a good student at that school but they are really not.

• Yes it does

Kids can learn vulgar language and hear things that are graphic. Very very graphic. Examples of that is hearing sex themes. But some rap songs can be positive. For example, rappers may rap about how they became to be the person who they are and how they "started from the bottom now they're here".

• Yes, it does!

Rap music is horrible. Many people try to copy the rappers which is horrible. This can affect how our generation ended up. We have ladies with booty shorts! We have sideways hats and all this stuff that can gradually affect our generation. Now we have people cursing all the way!

• Not all rap is bad

Some of the Nicki Minaj's rap for example the song, "Fly" was movitational. But the rap these days, esp. One with vulgarity is ruining the language and thinking of our youth. It adds to isolation and mental problems in our society. It sounds violent and trashy. It makes its listeners haughty and arrogant. And provides a temporary kick to life about engaging in wrong actions. I can only imagine people grinding to such songs nothing meaningful.

• Different raps have different messages

I find it hard to understand why apparently it only affects the youth culture. Anyone can listen to rap (if their religion or family permits them to) but why doesn't it corrupt the more mature minds? Seeing as someone on the "yes" side said "It is mainly aimed at a more mature audience" there is no proof that rap effects youth more than a mature group of adults.Adults can still be influenced by things even if their mind is more developed than a younger person, therefore this debate should really be :" Does rap music negatively impact our society?"

• Rap music is positive!

Today's mainstream rappers are ruining the reputation of rap. If you listen to Tupac Shakur, you can hear an actual message. He talks about war, poverty, racism, and sexism. Today's raps are negative, because they revolve around only sex, drugs, and violence. However, if you go and try to find actual rappers with something to say, you can hear a story being told which is the purpose of rap.

• Rap did not effect my success and any of the people I know.

I grew up on the south side of Houston, Texas I was the only white kid on my street and my dad only made 20,000 a year. I faced a lot of stuff growing up in a place like that but when I was a young man I discovered rap music and that helped me be able to relate and be a part of the black community where I lived, eventually me and some of my friends started our own real-estate business. I have never committed a crime in my life and Last year I made 720,000 dollars. So to wrap up it is my belief that rap music can have a negative effect if you interpret it that way but if you don't take to seriously and get to the real meat of it you realize that a lot of it is about over coming adversity.

• Different rap music means different things.

Yes there is rap music that will talk about drugs and violence but then there is so much quality amazing rap artists the write about the world, their lives and humanity. Their songs have true meaning to them that actually touches you and causes you to feel something when you listen to it. When rap is done right it is poetry. The rappers that sing about pointless issue that don't make sense shouldn't be listened to. But it's personal choice.

• No. And I don't like rap, but I see that it doesn't.

Do not be stereotypical on the genre of music. A LOT of rap music isn't about sex, and drugs and crap.
    Actually, a lot of music in general is. Alternative, Country, Pop, you name it.
    It's not the music that effects them, its them.
    Rap holds no effect. I see so many people who like rap and show so much respect.

• No I don't think so.

I do not think that rap music gives a negative impact to youth culture. Any and all music can have songs in it that is less than pleasant to think of our kids listening too, but overall one genre is not going to make a big difference in the whole youth.

• Rap Music Doesn't Impact Youth Culture Negatively

By most measures, rap music doesn't impact youth culture in a negative way. Rap might offer misogynistic and distorted views on life, but most kids aren't stupid enough to believe the lyrics. Various rap artists offer insightful and inspirational takes on everyday life, too, after all. There's no reason that rap music should be derided constantly.

• Rap Music is Amazing

If the swears are so bad, just refrain from listening to it, true rap music only swears to get a point across. Eminem is a great example of true rap, his songs are pure amazing, Rap explains all problems with economy and the rappers' lives, it should not be censored

• Kanye west all the way!!!!

KANYE WEST IS THE BEST EVER!!! HE IS YEEZUS

Rap does impact youth culture negatively. I think that rap music glorifies violence and glorifies objectification to women in ways that do imprint on the minds of younger men in particular. That's not to say that it's all bad and all negative, and that there isn't other music that does the same thing, but there is a large portion of rap music that sends a negative message to youth and it's a message that they sometimes repeat and take to heart.