• Rape culture exists but not the way feminists view it as

Feminists are part of rape culture. Rape culture is anything that allows, normalizes or enables the practice of rape. Rape culture isn't some prevalent thing that is strong in modernized societies or even some common that happens. Feminists make rape culture out to be some giant system where all these people just let rape happen and don't care. Feminists are part of rape culture because they don't care about rape against males or third genders and they say "men can't get raped". Rape culture is like feminists saying "men can't get raped" or feminists allowing female rapists to get away with rape and do NO or very little time at all compared to males that do YEARS. We live in a rape culture that allows rape and sexual violence against men, not women. There are those disgusting people that believe rape is okay (regardless of whose getting assaulted) but that's not a culture. It's not large enough to be a culture when consistent and reliable statistics of rape & sexual violence keep saying that sexual violence & rape is decreasing and cut in half in over a decade. No, having a lawyer defend a rapist is not rape culture, that's their right; you can't say somebody is a rapist just because somebody else said they were. They have a right to defend themselves. So the only REAL rape culture left is feminism. I don't think a pop artist making sexists songs about women "wanting" rape is rape culture when he PURPOSELY did the song to piss off feminists. Rape condoning memes aren't rape culture, they're stupid and immature 12 year olds who don't care. The only type of "rape culture" that really exists is two places; within feminism & within the GOP (Republican Party of U.S).

• There is a rape reference, in a positive and/or uncaring light, in all forms of media, and rampantly.

I am not a feminist by any means, but it seems clear to me that people are desensitized by rape. Just watch 30 seconds of any of the most popular shows among young people. They dont just humorize rape, they insult and disrespect the victims and delight in their pain. The argument in the photograph speaks for itself.

• Rape culture is real

I know rape culture exist based on the fact that when i finally spoke out about my brothers sexual abuse after years of keeping quiet and being afraid i was proven right to fear. I was asked if it was rape and if i hadnt just sedu ed him and felt guilty i was called a lair and a whore by my own family while he was given support and promised they would prove me wrong. No maybe i do t have a buncb of political reasons or research to prove my point but i do hace my personal experience and it was all blamed on me. I was 12 the first time he raped me but it was my fault.

• Coming from a 17 year old girl

When I first decided I was a feminist because I wanted men and women to have equal rights, I found it incredibly difficult to organise my thoughts on the matter and take a reasoned argument because at every turn there were blockades of argument against me. It was like trying to talk to an evangelical creationist. The more I surrounded myself with feminist thinkers, reading Plath and Germaine Greer, the more I was able to order my thoughts. I realised that not only was the patriarchy repressing my ability to think coherently on the matter, but it was also telling me that there was no matter. I believed this for three years. For the two years after I lost my virginity to my rapist, I believed that it was my fault. I wasn't even drunk. I wasn't even wearing skimpy clothing. I didn't even flirt. I was 15 and the fact that I had to clarify my level of sobriety and attire and personal interest shows that this is a problem.
    It's hard to notice these things when you don't have to think about them. The normalisation of forcing someone to have sex with you is what causes people, not just women, to believe that their sufferings are not the fault of someone else but the result of them not taking enough precautions to prevent their own rape.
    The fact that people ask what someone was wearing when they got raped implies that the human form in itself is deserving of rape. "It was kind of your fault though, you were wearing a skin tight vest" that kind of statement shows that the more of your body is shown, the more deserving of rape you are. My body is just a body. My body doesn't equate to sex. This is what I didn't understand. I sure as hell understand it now though.

• Rape culture is not just on the part of the rapist.

Rape culture is when you blame the VICTIM of rape instead of the perpetrator. Rape culture is telling a victim that they shouldn't have worn such revealing clothing or that they should have been carrying pepper spray. That is what rape culture is and you'd be surprised how common this is today.

• Respect for Sex and Victims of sexual abuse

Men and women need to learn boundaries when introducing sex as a topic of discussion. Respect for one another is the key for solving issues such as this. As a person, sorry I do not like to be put into an awkward situation when a person says something inappropriate to me. It's offensive and can lead to other issues. Please just learn to not offend one another and take this topic lightly, the human organs are not a toy, it sacred, especially to those who have a huge respect for religious practices. No need to ignore the issue of being offensive and repulsive to others with the act of rape or any other sexual intensions.

• Yeah, i'm in it

The rape culture does exists. I love raping people and i find myself doing it rather constantly. If people cant get laid the normal way, they go an rape. Like my friend.. Tom, he rapes people all the time, even when your not in a dark alley, plus its fun when you get your parents/family involve!! Huh, cough cough wink wink

• Rape should not be something little women should be taught to avoid. It should be something people are thought NOT to do.

The fact that I, as a woman, feel uneasy about being left alone with one of my male teachers, or co workers is saddening. I shouldn't have to be taught how to not get raped; what not to wear, what not to drink, how not to act, etc. Rape is also something that you shouldn't have to tell a boy not to do. It is something that shouldn't exist, but because of society's tolerability of rape, it does, and that needs to change.

• Do we breathe oxygen??

The answer is yes. Also, feminists believe in equality. I believe that if a woman murders someone, she should get the same jail time. I believe if a woman rapes someone, she should get the same jail time. I support women getting drafted. I support the good things, and the bad things.
    Now that the feminist view is out of the way, let's talk about rape. People joke about it, which desensitizes the issue, which is why victims of rape don't speak about it. Rape is NEVER the victims fault, yet we as a society and culture blame the victim. "they dressed like a slut, so they were asking for it" or "i was just really horny and she didn't say no cuz she was drunk, so". It's sad and upsetting. The decision to rape someone or not rape someone is left to the individual. An absence of 'no' does NOT mean 'yes'. You cannot consent unless you are sober. If someone is drunk, it means they cannot say 'yes, i want to have sex'. Thus, if someone is drunk, stoned, etc., DON'T HAVE INTERCOURSE WITH THEM. I can't believe that I have to say that.
    Rape culture does exist. It exists because people blame the victim. I could be wearing something that covers my entire body, or be nude, and I'm still not asking to be raped. It's not rocket science. It's not hard to understand that the victim is never to blame, that we need to hold rapists accountable because they DECIDED to rape, and we need to put them in jail.
    It's not hard to understand.

• It's not real 🐢

I get that many people think that rape culture is real because they can quote lyrics from the Robin Thicke song "Blurred Lines" but you can't extrapolate and place those values on others and assume they believe in it and are rapists. Also, rape culture stems from misleading statistics like the 1 in 5 College Women will be raped which spreads fear and degradation which obstructs the growth of our society by placing people into the role of victim.

• Rape culture is only a thing among rapists.

I do not believe that the country is becoming desensitized to rape and it is being glorified the way the the majority of feminists etc describe. Men who make jokes regarding the subject does in no way signify that they support rape, similar to how people who joke about any other touchy subjects doesn't mean they are bad people. I find the rape culture argument as another excuse for angry radical feminists to attack men.

• Not in the uk(western world that i know)

At least nothing ive seen here in the UK. We arenty taught "not to get raped" we are taught what is legaly rape and that if you rape someone you will be punished. I have never witnessed any point were men have been told that rape is good that you will be rewarded by people in there comunity. The only time I have witnessed a reward for raping is for women sexually assulating men and the victim (a man) being told that since he is a man it can not be real rape

• When examining the definition of culture, it's easy to see that "rape culture" does not accurately describe our society.

Look up the definition of "culture" online or in any dictionary... The definition slightly varies between each source, but you will more or less read something along the lines of it being "the culmination or summation of customs, beliefs, attitudes, knowledge, etc that is relayed via language and art by a given group of peoples, and distinguishes one group or society from another."

For our society to be a "rape culture," we would have to universally accept rape as a permissible act in all aspects of our society, from our beliefs (religious organizations, law) to our knowledge (medicine) and any aspect of society that falls in between. Now, the terms I put in parentheses are used as reference point in this discussion because they deal with or have made some stance regarding the acceptance of rape. There are no religions, laws or legal professionals, and medical evidence or doctors that support the action of rape. It is condoned as a sin or some form of evil in all religions. You are persecuted by the court and will be sent to prison if you are found guilty of rape. Medical evidence supports that rape is extremely detrimental psychologically and physically to the victim, and is therefore reported by doctors to the authorities at the consent of the patient.]

Now, do people get away with rape? Yes. Do people sometimes make jokes about rape? Yes. I could go on and on with these hypotheticals that shed light on instances where rape appears to be accepted. But as a whole, as a society, rape is condemned in SO MANY more significant aspects than it is "accepted." As human societies have evolved and advanced, becoming more civilized, we have only been progressing further and further AWAY from rape culture.

So to all you feminazis living in the plush, first-world, Western civilizations crying out "rape culture," try living in Rwanda or any African country dealing with civil war and genocide. Go see what real rape culture then maybe you'll finally shut the f@#% up... Cuz believe me, everyone is tired of your bulls*%&

• Opposite of that

Rapper Rick Ross published more straight albums about running an illegal drug and prostitution ring in LA, torturing rival gang members, killing cops, and blowing people's heads off with assault rifles. Last year, he made one reference to rape, and he was all over the news, and his endorsers dropped him. In a society where rape rates have halved over the last decade, and a rape joke is considered more offensive than a Holocaust joke, no, there is no rape culture.

• Not A Culture

For it to be a culture someone would need to prove without a doubt that every one does it. Sure men are biologically more violent, its a genetic need, men don't learn to become more violent there isn't really much difference between nature and nurture, it's all nature. But these rapes are committed by a small number of society and most are repeating offenders or mentally ill. And the ones that don't fall under those categories are usually intoxicated while committing the rape.

• Rape culture does not exist

Rape culture does not exist. Its ironic that concepts like this are perpetuated in countries like the united states where the standard of living is so high and comfortable. Try living in a 3rd world country or a country thats at war with opposing soldiers at the front like, then come tell us what rape culture is like.

• Look aroundc c

Just look at the nos. No =70% people wouldn't vote no for fun, they are voting no because they believe it doesn't exist. Text text text text tesxt texr text etdt f f f dd d f f f f c ff f f f d x x dd f

• Not A Culture