Does recycling really have a major impact on the future of our world?

• Yes, recycling does help, whether YOU think it does or not.

Anyone can help and everyone can benefit from recycling. Every year millions of tons of trash are recycle and re-purposed which cleans our earth and saves energy. Maybe the benefits of throwing a bottle or two you throw away in an airport doesn't seem important, but the example you show to those around you is important. Also, recycling can promote a more positive atmosphere which I know is esspesilly important to our ever-changing world.

• Yes I think it is important to recycle

People should recycle more esspesilly water bottles. Did you know that when you recycle 1water bottle it provides enough energy to power a 60 watt lightbulb for 6 hours?Imagine if you recycled forty water bottles . Lots of power would be saved and could even save the world to keep it's resources. I want to help save the world but I can't do it alone. So is that enough to make you recycle or do I have to write on a daily basis?

• No, probably not.

If we are just talking about putting things out in the recycling bin by the curb once a week, then probably this has very little impact and we are not even sure where this stuff winds up. It will impact our world only if we learn to consume less and share resources more so that minimalism becomes a way of life.

• Not As It Is

I do not believe recycling, as it is done now, will have a major impact on the future of our world. Recycling could make an impact, but we would all literally have to recycle for that impact to be noticed. Recycling is difficult where I live as you have to separate the material yourself and also deliver them. We need advancements in recycling before it will have a major impact.

• No, recycling doesn't have that much of an impact.

I do not believe that recycling has that much of an impact on the future of the world. I think that while it may help some countries become a little more environmentally safe, I do not think that it is something that will help in a major way. I think it is more important that people reduce their wastes.

• It's so small.

No, recycling does not really have a major impact on the future of our world, because so very little of it happens. Recycling can only make a dent. I recycled all the time in school, thinking I was making a difference. Then I got to the real world and realized how much paper is wasted each day.