• Religion divides people, and why?

Historically speaking, religion has only ever divided mankind - people of different religions will believe that theirs is the gospel truth and others should believe what they do. There are so many religions and sub-religions that it just leads to segregation of people with different beliefs and eventual conflict.

The sad thing is that any intelligent person these days should realise that all religion was all made up hundreds/thousands of years ago by people who didn't understand how the universe worked and needed something to explain it; and in the case of the church, control and manipulate the uneducated masses - "Do as God says (what we say) or you'll go to hell" oh yeah? If only there was any proof for anything religions say.

• It's just hate

Historically speaking you would have to be bananas to believe that religion doesn't cause war. Granted other things cause war too like money, but the majority of wars in history can be traced back to religion. For example, conflict in the middle east can be boiled down to religious reasons.

• It's really a hard idea to discuss.

I believe it does because all past 20th century wars in Europe and the far east were mostly based on religion conflicts as to whether or not they had the right believes and to fight who was the mot accurate and during that time many genocides happened and were directed to believers of opposing religions

• War and religion

: I don't think religion can be looked at as a "cause" for war. What causes war are the traits of human beings in general. Take away a humans natural capacity for aggression, greed and self-preservation and what you have left are his positive traits and his values which generally serve as the basis of our religions. I think religion is just something that people use to lift up their “suggestion” to war, it’s kind of like a fuel that people use to get an ethnic group started with the hate and war

• Both YES and NO

Many people believe that god created human beings and that he gave them “colors”. However human beings divide themselves politically, economically and socially. Those who kill others because of/in the name of god do not understand the holy book correctly, while those who continue giving his best to the world are living by the “rules” of god.

I don't think religion can be looked at as a "cause" for war. What causes war are the traits of human beings in general. Take away a humans natural capacity for aggression, greed and self-preservation and what you have left are his positive traits and his values which generally serve as the basis of our religions. I think religion is just something that people use to lift up their “suggestion” to war, it’s kind of like a fuel that people use to get an ethnic group started with the hate and war.

• The conflicts of opinion

It is true that religion is not the only reasons that wars are caused, however how many wars have started in the past because of religion? Look at the crusades that went through europe, look at the the inquisition in the colonies, all these are caused due to the fact that the churches want control by causing conflict through clash of opinions.

• Trying to be unbiased. :)

As many have already said, countless wars in humanity's history can be rooted back to religious conflict. The fact that religion becomes such a personal factor for some people and even some cultures, causes dramatic levels of sensitivity to the topic. People often confront each other on the basis of their differences, and religion just happens to be a major difference between countless people.

• In the middle

I'm in the middle for this. I do believe the people cause war not really religion. Religion is more of something for people to believe in . The people and their feelings cause the dramatic scenes, and violence, and the war. It is just us humans that cause everything. - Coming from a sixteen year old...

• Yes is it

According to the history most wars causes by religious. With religious people have a strong reasons to fight. They fight because the holy books said that. They fight for the holy land for the church or mosque or any other religious symbol. For example the the cause of the war between Israel and Palestine is religious. Both are fighting for religious reasons. Also, Hitler fought Jewish just because of their Rogelio.

• Yes, religion causes war.

Religion, or rather, intolerance of other religions, causes war. It is completely logical to argue that perhaps we are simply a war-like species and that religion is just a convenient excuse, and there are certainly many other reasons to go to war. However, it would be disingenuous in the extreme to pretend that differences in religion have not been a major source of conflict throughout recorded history, even to present day.

• Your arguments are invalid.

If you take a look at all the wars that are well known...surely you'll notice that they are not well known because of the fact that they were caused by religious beliefs.

The American Revolutionary War, American Civil War, English Civil War, French Reign of Terror, WWI, WWII, Cold War, the various Civil Wars that have happened throughout Africa, Rwandan Genocide, American War in the Middle East, the War between Kenya and Somalia...really I could go on.

All were fights for freedom, for a change of system..or government..of society. Even a fight against terrorism! Wherever you got this ridiculous idea that it empowers and encourages them. Look again people!

• Religion needs not to cause war.

In the Eastern side of the world, religions of different origins will mix together. Such as the mixture of Buddhism and Chinese philosophy towards South East Asia. Buddhism originated from India, Taoism originates from a philosopher named Lao Zi and Confucianism originates from another named Cong Zi. But as time passes they reach towards South East Asia, instead of warring, they merge. But for the western side, all of them came from one God apparently, Allah being seen by the Muslim, Jehova by the witnesses and God by the Christian. But all of them are actually one same God perceived by different people. They do not have to war they can merge just like the Asian religions.

• People cause war

Religion does not inherently cause war. Correlation is not the same as causation. Religion is just an easily corruptible system that can influence many people who subscribe to it. The reason the U.S.A saw sense in separating state and religion was so that corrupt politicians could not infiltrate it and use it to justify war, not so that that members of the clergy could get into power. If you put a warmonger in charge of the church you will get war, if you put him in charge of the state you will get war, if you put him in charge of a corporation you will get dodgy dealings of weapons to angry nations. War is human nature - Religion is just a fantastic scapegoat. If religion disappears over the next few hundred years, I wonder what people will say causes war then...

• Hi kfk fkf

Not everyone causes war vfsc eqef dewwqwewv wewewwd seffff ccwdf r ef evf r fqerhapeorjn iew cvi iosejng doihnc fjdbvl ncvskinv jkm k k mkdkdskfk j jk joidgvonkdsvksdgbd kvob vkd kv k k kkkkkkk kkkkkk kkkkkkk k k k k k kk oiiiiii ii i ii i i ii i iiiiiii

• I believe religion doesn't cause war

If you look at the surface of every war, one may be lead to believe religion is the primary cause of war. But if you dig deep enough there are numerous elements (excluding religion) that cause war such as territory, natural resources, the inability to coexist with others and more. So here's some food for thought:
    Is religion an answer to cover up an intricately complex reality?

• No it doesn't

"Watch Me (Whip / Nae Nae)"

You already know who it is
    Silentó
    Silentó
    Silentó
    Gonna do it for me

Now watch me whip (Kill it!)
    Now watch me nae nae (Okay!)
    Now watch me whip whip
    Watch me nae nae (Want me do it?)

Now watch me whip (Kill it!)
    Watch me nae nae (Okay!)
    Now watch me whip whip
    Watch me nae nae (Can you do it?)

Now watch me

Ooh watch me, watch me
    Ooh watch me, watch me
    Ooh watch me, watch me
    Ooh ooh ooh ooh

Ooh watch me, watch me
    Ooh watch me, watch me
    Ooh watch me, watch me
    Ooh ooh ooh ooh

[x2:]
    Do the stanky leg (stank)
    Do the stanky leg (stank stank)
    Do the stanky leg (stank)
    Do the stanky leg (stank stank)

Now break your legs (break 'em, break 'em)
    Break your legs (break 'em dog)
    Tell 'em "break your legs" (break 'em, break 'em)
    Break your legs (break 'em dog)
    Break your legs (break 'em dog)
    Break your legs (break 'em dog)

Now watch me
    Bop bop bop bop bop bop bop bop bop
    Now watch me
    Bop bop bop bop bop bop bop bop bop

Now watch me whip (Kill it!)
    Now watch me nae nae (Okay!)
    Now watch me whip whip
    Watch me nae nae (Want me do it?)

Now watch me whip (Kill it!)
    Watch me nae nae (Okay!)
    Now watch me whip whip
    Watch me nae nae (Can you do it?)

Now watch me

Ooh watch me, watch me
    Ooh watch me, watch me
    Ooh watch me, watch me
    Ooh ooh ooh ooh

Ooh watch me, watch me
    Ooh watch me, watch me
    Ooh watch me, watch me
    Ooh ooh ooh ooh

Now watch me yule (Soulja)
    Now watch me superman (okay!)
    Now watch me yule (Soulja)
    Now watch me superman (okay!)

Now watch me yule (Soulja)
    Now watch me superman (okay!)
    Now watch me yule (Soulja)
    Now watch me superman (okay!)

Now watch me duff, duff, duff, duff, duff, duff, duff, duff (Hold on)
    Now watch me duff, duff, duff, duff, duff, duff, duff, duff, duff

Now watch me
    Bop bop bop bop bop bop bop bop bop
    Now watch me
    Bop bop bop bop bop bop bop bop bop

Now watch me whip (Kill it!)
    Now watch me nae nae (Okay!)
    Now watch me whip whip
    Watch me nae nae (Want me do it?)

Now watch me whip (Kill it!)
    Watch me nae nae (Okay!)
    Now watch me whip whip
    Watch me nae nae (Can you do it?)

Now watch me

Ooh watch me, watch me
    Ooh watch me, watch me
    Ooh watch me, watch me
    Ooh ooh ooh ooh

Ooh watch me, watch me
    Ooh watch me, watch me
    Ooh watch me, watch me
    Ooh ooh ooh ooh
    Crank dat

• No it doesn't

"Watch Me (Whip / Nae Nae)"

You already know who it is
    Silentó
    Silentó
    Silentó
    Gonna do it for me

Now watch me whip (Kill it!)
    Now watch me nae nae (Okay!)
    Now watch me whip whip
    Watch me nae nae (Want me do it?)

Now watch me whip (Kill it!)
    Watch me nae nae (Okay!)
    Now watch me whip whip
    Watch me nae nae (Can you do it?)

Now watch me

Ooh watch me, watch me
    Ooh watch me, watch me
    Ooh watch me, watch me
    Ooh ooh ooh ooh

Ooh watch me, watch me
    Ooh watch me, watch me
    Ooh watch me, watch me
    Ooh ooh ooh ooh

[x2:]
    Do the stanky leg (stank)
    Do the stanky leg (stank stank)
    Do the stanky leg (stank)
    Do the stanky leg (stank stank)

Break your legs (break 'em dog)
    Break your legs (break 'em dog)
    Break your legs (break 'em dog)
    Break your legs (break 'em dog)

Now watch me
    Bop bop bop bop bop bop bop bop bop
    Now watch me
    Bop bop bop bop bop bop bop bop bop

Now watch me whip (Kill it!)
    Now watch me nae nae (Okay!)
    Now watch me whip whip
    Watch me nae nae (Want me do it?)

Now watch me whip (Kill it!)
    Watch me nae nae (Okay!)
    Now watch me whip whip
    Watch me nae nae (Can you do it?)

Now watch me

Ooh watch me, watch me
    Ooh watch me, watch me
    Ooh watch me, watch me
    Ooh ooh ooh ooh

Ooh watch me, watch me
    Ooh watch me, watch me
    Ooh watch me, watch me
    Ooh ooh ooh ooh

Now watch me yule (Soulja)
    Now watch me superman (okay!)
    Now watch me yule (Soulja)
    Now watch me superman (okay!)

Now watch me yule (Soulja)
    Now watch me superman (okay!)
    Now watch me yule (Soulja)
    Now watch me superman (okay!)

Now watch me
    Bop bop bop bop bop bop bop bop bop
    Now watch me
    Bop bop bop bop bop bop bop bop bop

Now watch me whip (Kill it!)
    Now watch me nae nae (Okay!)
    Now watch me whip whip
    Watch me nae nae (Want me do it?)

Now watch me whip (Kill it!)
    Watch me nae nae (Okay!)
    Now watch me whip whip
    Watch me nae nae (Can you do it?)

Now watch me

Ooh watch me, watch me
    Ooh watch me, watch me
    Ooh watch me, watch me
    Ooh ooh ooh ooh

Ooh watch me, watch me
    Ooh watch me, watch me
    Ooh watch me, watch me
    Ooh ooh ooh ooh
    Crank dat

• It cause conflict between cultures

Religions gives people hope, gives people knowledge. Though, different religions cause conflicts. According to historical events such as the crusades, Christians and Muslims were fighting for Jerusalem, how comes the war? It was because of the different beliefs and the simple differences between Europe and Middle East. Though, now people have found the method of how to balance religions.

• It cause conflict between cultures

• It cause conflict between cultures