• Religion does make people more moral.

Religion does make people more moral. Religions such as Christianity which teach that your behavior during your life on Earth will determine where you spend your eternal afterlife. People who behave badly are said to go to hell for eternity after they die, but good people end up going to heaven for eternity. So people who believe in this religion may try to behave as good and moral as possible to avoid spending their afterlife in a place of eternal torture.

• Yes, religion makes people moral.

I think that religion can help make a lot of people moral, but I also don't think people need religion to be moral. Religion is something that helps a lot of people. And if becoming moral are one of those effects, then it can only be a positive thing. I however thinking that morality starts with a person's true character.

• It really depends on what religion we're talking about.

I would say that the most peaceful religions are Buddhism, Hinduism, and Christianity. If you disagree then I'm sorry but this is my opinion. I would also like to say that if you are an atheist then there is no point in being moral. I'm not saying that there aren't any moral atheists, because there certainly are, but there is no point in being moral. Why would an atheist care about dressing up nice for debates and doing science when they could just have fun. Thank you and God bless.

• Religion is a tool.

Take the bible for example. Almost any ideology can be justified by quoting scripture. If you think it is immoral to treat people unequally, just quote the part of the bible where it say you have to treat them like a brother. If you think it's moral to kill kids who curse their parents, quote the bible. If you think it's moral to feed the poor, love thy neighbor, cut your hair, never cut your hair, sell you daughters into sex slavery, marry multiple women, kill gays, witches and anyone who doesn't believe in your god, you can do it all and still be in accordance with the religion if you take what the holy book says seriously. The same can be said about every other holy book of every other religion.

• No, I don't believe Religion makes people more moral.

I believe Religion's can do much good by teaching their followers to follow moral values I don't believe you need to be Religious to be a moral person, you do not have to be religious to be kind to others or be compassionate to those near to you, religion only encourages those things.

• Most people aren't affected.

No, religion does not make people more moral, because people who are religious can talk a good game about doing the right thing, but be hypocrites, and not actually live the life. A lawyer who knows the rules about ethics is not actually ethical. Religion and morality are two different things.

• Not at all

No, there are a lot of cases where people who are religious are not more moral at all, and are a lot less moral than a person that is not all that religious. I think that whether or not your are a moral person just is the type of person you are.