• Yes, it does on most people.

Religious people just shove their beliefs and ideals down to other people's throats. Not all religious people do this, but most of them does. They feel the need to have people share the same beliefs as them. The worst part is, some believers judge atheists only because they're atheists. They're just can't tolerate other people's beliefs and ideals, and that's what being a narrow-minded means.

• Yes it does, for most.

Obviously, there are people who follow a religion, but do not allow it to cloud their mind on true facts... These people are few and far between however.

Taking the idea that a supernatural being, or supernatural things in general control a majority of the world, or watches our daily activity is actually quite absurd when you stop and think. The man in the sky that "made you" has nothing better than to watch everything you do? I guess this is why there is so many problems in Africa.

Generally Religion overthrows science because the believers refuse to see otherwise.

• Literal belief in one religion is automatically close-minded

It is a 99% certainty that the religion we “choose” is the religion that we are most exposed to, which is almost certainly based on where we are born.

One problem I have with most religions is that they teach their followers that they have the “right” religion, and that others have it wrong. This basically builds a closed-mind theology immediately.

To sum it up, if you believe one religion's theology is "true" - that means you believe that anything conflicting is not true - even if it can be demonstrated or has been proven otherwise.

I put true in quotes because there are many non-literal religious believers - and those people are generally significantly more open-minded to conflicting information.

I do think religion *makes* people narrow-minded because the religions claim they are *right* and then proceed to exclude any logical derivative that doesn't confirm their bias, AND most religions have a stated goal to teach, promote and indoctrinate others with the same narrow-minded thinking.

• Do I seriously need to debate on this?

So many religions in the world. Pretty much all of them say, you don't believe in this, you go to hell. Besides, because so many people are Christian, they always assume everyone is. A friend of mine said go to hell(he's an atheist), and almost everyone is all, You shouldn't say that or you'll go to hell. Seriously. Most religious people cant even believe things against their 'holy text' even when its right in their faces. 400 years ago people crucified you if you thought that the sun was the middle of the solar system

• If you believe in religion you have a 1 in 4,500 chance of being right and getting into Heaven.

I think it is ridiculous that out of the 4500 different religions in the world they all think that their way is the only way to be saved in Gods kingdom. How can you think that you are the only right religion and everyone else is false, when you inherited your religion from your family, culture or influential surroundings. Yes keep telling yourself you are the only right religion and keep believing that you aren't narrow minded.

Have fun with that.

• Religion is a win win situation

In my experience I have watched religious based people always leave a life situation narrow mindedly.
    Any situation they're in, religious people or "people with a relationship with their religion", instead of facing the real facts of why a situations happens, if it be a bad one, they chalk it off to " it's gods will" or some other beat around the bush religious statement.

• Religion is a win win situation

• Yeah, it does

In my life, I have seen many people disagree because of religion. Even when there is evidence right in front of their face. So they are really stubborn, and narrow minded. Take pre-humans, for example. There's a girl in my class who keeps on saying god made the first humans exactly as we are, but she won't say shes wrong even when we put the fossils and evidence in her face.

• No but being an anti-theist d*ck does.

Now I'll admit there are some narrow-minded religious folks, but seriously? The only thing making anybody narrow-minded when it comes to religious is not accepting that others can have their own views. You're a Christian? Good for you! Don't support the KKK or the Westboro Baptists and I'm probably 90% sure you're open-minded. Hating on people for whether they believe in deities or not is just flat out wrong, man. Think about how many crazy narrow minded religious people you've met that try to force you to be their religion. 10? 20? 50 tops. Now how many people in the U.S. identify as religious? 87%. I doubt 87% of the people you've met have tried to force their beliefs on you. Be open-minded and accept that people are religious or you're the most hypocritical person I've ever met.

• People make themselves narrow minded and they use their religion to reinforce their nature

Its a similar concept to how some political odeologies the people tend to have larger fear center in their brains then other ideologies. The way they are draw them to the ideology the ideology doesnt chamge their generics and brain structure. Some people are barrow minded who are religious yes. Some are incredibly open minded. When you judge the very diverse world of religion youre stereotyping and thats wrong.

• Religions are not capable of doing so.

Religion has never and will never have the ability to make anyone do anything or b be a certain way. Unfortunately narrow minded are people are attracted to religions our other ideas that they can use as an excuse to remain narrow minded. We are not the victim of religion religion is the the victim.

• Religion does not make you narrow minded

A lot of religious people are very open minded and will listen to others views on faith etc. Just because someone doesn't change how they think after listening to others doesn't make them narrow minded. There are plenty of narrow minded people just the same as there are plenty of narrow minded atheist. It's the way all people think that can make them narrow minded not their faith.

• Anyone can be narrow minded most religions actually teach against narrow mindedness.

For some reason lately people have been trying to portray religion in negative ways. This has led to stereotypes like Catholic priests are rapists, Muslims are terrorists, and religious people are narrow minded. Just because you are religious doesn't necessarily mean anything. There are many serial killers that believed they were doing gods work and yet the bible says "thou shall not kill". The bible and most other religions also teach about love and acceptance. The bible says "love thy neighbor" I think that if a religious person is narrow minded they are not following their religion's teachings.

• It depends on the religion.

Yes some religions, esspecially Abrahamic faiths, tend to add dogma as fact that is not liberal to change. This definitely does not apply to all religions.

In Wicca, for example, research is highly encouraged as is exploration in all things including questioning your own religious beliefs. It also does not claim to be the "one true way" or "only way" to god (or goddess). Thirdly there is no "the devil made me do it in wicca" You are responable for your actions and reactions and must take the concequences.
    [please excuse my Ipad typing]