• Lyrics can be Indirectly Aggressive

Not directly, I wouldn't say, no. Obviously it depends on the type of rock music you listen to, and whether or not it's accompanied with a music video. But often I find in music, and especially in lyrics, you're allow to get away with a lot more than you would ordinarily: I listen back to a lot of the songs I listened to in my childhood recently and found a lot of them are very 'dirty' - i.e. indirectly talking about love and sex. The same can be said of some rock lyrics, which can be indirectly (or sometimes very directly) aggressive and/or very obviously violent.

• I don't think so

I don't think rock music promotes violence. If people have violent tendencies, they will violent tendencies regardless of what type of music they listen to. Blaming violence on music or video games is just using it as a scape goat. Rock music is entertainment and nothing more. It is not the cause of violence.

• You can't generalize the entire genre.

Sure, there are SOME Rock songs that promote violence, but there are also some songs in just about every genre that promote violence. The most listened to hits in the Rock genre don't mention violence at all. The song "Dream On" by Aerosmith doesn't have a violent message and is possibly one of the most listened to Rock songs of all time. Then there are songs like Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" that actually spell out the consequences of violence and even songs with a spiritual message like "Carry On My Wayward Son" and "Spirit in the Sky."

• Rock music not promoting violence

Rock music does not promote violence. Violent video games do not promote or endorse violence. People who take songs, games, books, or movies too seriously and lose the fact and blur the lines between art and real life promote and endorse violence. But no, in and of itself, rock music most certainly does not promote violence.