• It covers unnecessary stuff, and leaves necessary stuff

School today does suck. Stressing us out with homework for useless information does no good, and stress has been proven to shorten lifespans. I mean, do I REALLY need to know how to solve for x when I'm loading shelves at walmart? No. What we REALLY need to know is how to handle money, how to behave when we get to the workforce, and what to do in emergency situations. We don't need to know how to divide fractions or how photosynthesis works, unless you plan to be a mathematician or a scientist that plans on studying plants. I will continue to say that school does suck until they start teaching us what is actually NECESSARY and not to force us to study useless information.

• If you're referring to the American education system, then yes.

Schools take creativity away from students; they are eventually led to believe that the textbook is right and that the best way to succeed in school is to learn from the textbook. How does this empower students to be capable, innovative thinkers in the 21st century? How does the American education system even prepare kids for higher education? It doesn't; instead of letting students develop their interests, the American education system forces every student through a journey that strips them of their identity.

• Homework just plain...

Sucks. It just supports the facts that teachers looooove making you do more work than you already do at school. School is not necessary. When am i going to use my knowledge of a ducks reproductive organs at some point in my life? Or the water cycle, I. DO. NOT. GIVE. TWO. SHITS. Im also excited when for when im going to need to know the square root of 453875634785623876 in my life when im drawing a picture or writing a book.

• I Never Knew Getting the Qualifications to get a Job Sucks

School is the process of getting an education and ultimately the qualifications required in order for you to get job. Nothing sucks about that. What sucks more is lazing around in school and ending up without any qualifications and therefore not getting a good job. School is valuable time and while it may feel long and boring in the meantime it will be very rewarding.

• It's a non-contextual statement

Simply saying that, "school sucks," is a very basic and non-substantive opinion with no context provided as to why. Many of the things an individual may consider boring, useless, or irrelevant are not meant to be used in daily life for the person with those feelings towards a subject. They are meant to peak interest in those that do find those things interesting. Saying that schools need reform or that the education system needs to be reviewed seems perfectly reasonable provided you can provide examples of issues and how to actually go about solving said issues. If you simply say that "school sucks," you really just come across as a naive child. Why complain about a relatively short period in your life in which your cognitive abilities aren't even fully developed vs your adult life in which you can choose to learn anything you want. Without a school system in place, where do you propose to develop social skills or find out what interests you? The advent of the internet may provide new answers that you will want to use as counter examples but remember that there was a time, not long ago, when the internet wasn't an option.