Does social media destroy real human relationships?

Asked by: Atlas01
  • One step closer to the matrix

Social media filters the complicated and profound amount of interaction that happens in person, down to validation, essentially. It is filtering one's emotional relationship with others through a corporation whose best interests are not aligned with user well-being, but with its own well-being, which is best served when people are the most numb/accustomed to rights violations and addicted. It is a socially-sanctioned addiction that allows us to ignore the crapstorm in our real lives in favor of our "likes" and "retweets" in our fake ones.

• ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz hi yo

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzi im im im im im im im im im im im im im im im im im mi mi mi mi mi mi mi im i mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi m mi i mi m im im im i mi m imi m im im

• It is not real

How can I have made 5000 friends? When I look at the names and faces I realise I don't really know anyone of them. A friend is someone you. An sit with face to face and talk too.. How can someone who lives 3 days travel by car, planes and trains be more than a acquaintance at best. Is the picture the person you are really talking too.. Reality is probably not, keep it real I say.
    I will talk to you if I can sit with you and look in your eyes, no matter who you are as long as you are respectful and willing to converse with me..

• Yes talking through my experience.

On the Fortieth year of marriage my relationship was destroyed by social media, This started when my partner wrote flirty comments on a post from the opposite sex, then the PRIVATE MESSAGES, and even sending money overseas was involved. When got caught my partner signed up to another account and got me and some family members blocked. The first online relationship happened more than a year now and still keep going on a multiple relationships. As of today we are still fighting and on separate ways.

• Yes, social media kills our social life.

Talking with friends on social apps we forget the people who really care us. Social apps are only to destroy ones' development. Using social apps many also get cheated. Some get addicted to them and ruin their lives. All these social apps were made to ruin our lives. It depends on us how frequently we use them.

• Going through it now

Social media doesn't destroy relationships because it help's you get in one , also social media helps you in ways you haven't found. I'm going through this right now so i can say that it helps a lot when friends can't call and they only can use the internet or/and girlfriend and boyfriends around the world

• Get R S I

Gfruf cgvcuf fu fdffu fgesfg f f f f did d d d siwi w is i idf f uc y yf ucdu f y uc ycd ud u uu d u cid jd icdi fd fc d f if if d fu f
    so use social media wisely !

• Alot of typing and can cause RSI

When chatting you have to type like what I am doing right now but it can also cause a seperation between a man and a woman causing something known as a divorce so use social media but not alot because it can have an effect on you! ! ! !

• Alot of typing and can cause RSI

• Blablabala huahdua d

Knadkna kandknak ksandkanf knfjfia ajfia fa iiaj ja ifesifaljfoija ao f ioa fioaeif jj j j j j j j j j j j j j mm k k k k l o jiieei i ei ij i j i ee e lji ji ji ij i ji j i j

• Social Media doesn't kill relationships.

Social Media allows us to communicate with people around the world, including our friends. I know people who use Facebook everyday and they still have good social skills. Social Media is meant to state opinions for around the globe to see, in fact that is helping our social skills, think about it. To not offend people around the world you need to learn good social skills before hand, there's just people who use social media the wrong way and not the way it was intended, that's the real problem, not social media itself.

• When people are on social media, they are in fact socializing.

I wasn't aware that when humanity was created, we were given a rulebook that says we must interact with other humans in person. Social media is called SOCIAL media for a reason, we are still communicating with a large range of people, of different ages and of different nationalities. The people saying there's a downside do not realize that social media isn't the problem, its the people that use it.

• Everything done in excess has its bad side.

Of course it would be very bad if you simply stay online for 24 hour a day without any outings, but with some wise and effective usage of the technology, social media is a tool to better connection between human relationship instead of breaking it. Well, with only typing and texting all time, it will of course reduce our chance to gear up our social skills, but there are also social media like skype that gives head to head real time chatting.