Does television have a positive influence on children?

• Television does, in fact, have a positive influence on children, because it is quite educational.

There's no denying that television has a potentially damaging influence on children in teenage and college years, if it leads to sedentary lifestyles. But, in early years, it can really help. Educational programming, like Sesame Street and related shows, can help teach kids letters, numbers and important concepts that will help them thrive and take care of themselves later in life. Also, much of children's programming can help stimulate and develop their imaginations, leading them to lives of creativity.

Posted by: FlakyHerb64
  • I believe that television can have a positive influence on children, when the parents are involved.

There are several educational programs on television today, including Sesame Street and Super Why, that do teach children numbers, letters and other subjects. When a parent is able to sit with a child and use these shows as a teaching tool, then children can benefit positively from the use of television.

Posted by: TMacias
  • I believe that television can have a positive influence on children, when the parents are involved

• Hiiiiiiiiii I I

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I ii I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I ii i

• S s s

Sssss s s s s s ss s s s s s s s s s s s s ss s s s s ss s s s ss s s ss s s s s s ss s ss s s s s ss s s s s s

• Heerhb gbfr gfbrg

Npfnrqgrneqvnvunvjrjh nvn vhre g gfrr rr r rw g3r h yy h 4h gj egoqk kkgg og pg p gg p g5g g q p5gbpg gg 3gq gpi q3pnerjgn t24 gweggn hhhbg vg gh gh bgb b jbb gb hgb ghb g gj hv hgv hg hg vjg vgh vhg h

• Heerhb gbfr gfbrg

• Yes yes yes

Y y y y y y y y y y y y e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e s s s s s s s s s s .

• Yes yeah yes

Y e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e s

• Yes yeah yes

• Television tends to reduce children's attention time, which is harmful later in life.

Television has many benefits, but it is not a positive influence for children. It tends to give them short attention spans. It makes children want to have information given to them in a fun and interesting format, similar to Sesame Street, and they feel frustrated if it is not. Television can also give children unrealistic ideas of violence, society and self-image that can be very harmful.

Posted by: ddeathnote
  • Hello . . . . .

I don't really care i don't watch t.V enough to see the affects of it in my life. I know that it can be bad but i don't really know if it is good for people, I would say no because it has provided more bad than good in my life.

• Hello . . . . .

• Yo fuck u

Fifkfkkfkfkfkrkfofjvkjdksjckcjckvjvk v f c f f v f f v v f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f

• No cuz poo

Giant poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo

• Obesity weight gain.

I am one to agree in excessive eat right and stay active.
    Most of the time TV can be a way for one to become lazy and just sit after a good meal or after a long day at work.
    So in that term TV has a bad effect on us as people we must stay active and keep moving it will give us more energy. Some of us already sit all day in from of the computer or answering phone calls. I tend to like to more around and try to walk for any other form of exerciser.

• Neither good or bad

It doesn't help the brain when most people ignore the educational channels nor hurt the brain because if it's bad then people just change the channel. It is an automatic instinct to change the channel if a bad scene comes on or if inappropriate content appears on the screen .

• Television can influence a child's mental behaviour and performance.

Children are not matured enough to possess what we call self control and thus, may be influenced by the programmes that depict risky behaviours such as drinking alcohol, doing drugs, smoking cigarettes and having premarital sex as cool fun and satisfying. Studies have shown that teens who watch lots of sexual content on television are more likely to initiate intercourse or other sexual activities earlier than peers who don't watch sexually explicit shows. This will increase the rate of premarital pregnancies and abortions as well as raping cases globally.

• Pressure in our young minds

Watching TV sets up pressure in our minds. I mean, after studying so much in schools who wants to waste his time watching things that diverts them from their studies and watching some unrealistic things? It's better to exercise to keep themselves healthy and fit and keep themselves away of watching the nuisance so called TV

• Television is the first thing to destrupt a child life

Yes there are TV shows out there that are not designed with children in mind that is OK. We have to take the bull by the horns because we know adult programs are out there, we even enjoy it sometimes. However, there are children TV channels that play nothing but programs that are suitable for all kids’ ages. Our children are vulnerable and their minds absorb so much and exposing them to violence, bad language or nudity can really damage them in the future.

Anonymous says2013-04-04T00:30:15.657
I believe it obtain more under standing to those people who lived in rural region in the world, because the lack of mass media and they depend a lot on television to be source of their knowing important information around us.