• Yes, Indisputibly. Can not say no when the text is plainly visible to read.

A more accurate title would be "God threatens people he doesn't approve of with rape", which is indisputible. There are many references in the bible of God describing how enemies of God will be massacred and raped. I attached a couple.

Does this in effect condone rape? That's debatable but I would say it does. It legitimises raping God's enemies. It most certainly makes no attempt to say it is wrong.

The principle is still visible TODAY by orthodox Christian countries such as Serbia during the Serbian Genocide of 1995, where Christian Serbians systematically separated and raped many thousands of Bosnian Muslim women, and murdered the men. It is not hard to see similarities.

So the arguments on the right that say "Absolutely not, because I don't know, but somehow I don't feel that's right" or "No, but I don't know because I've not read it" are patently wrong. Here are 2 examples

Zechariah 14:1-2
    1 A day of the LORD is coming, Jerusalem, when your possessions will be plundered and divided up within your very walls. 2 I will gather all the nations to Jerusalem to fight against it; the city will be captured, the houses ransacked, and the women raped. Half of the city will go into exile, but the rest of the people will not be taken from the city."

Samuel 12:11 (NIV)
    11 “This is what the LORD says: ‘Out of your own household I am going to bring calamity on you. Before your very eyes I will take your wives and give them to one who is close to you, and he will sleep with your wives in broad daylight."

• Yes, but not more than any outdated society did.

The Bible describes a less civilized time in the human era. The Bible only condones rape because people at the time condoned rape. This shows the hypocrisy in insisting on a literal interpretation of the Bible -- because there are countless instances of things that we now recognize are wrong but which were acceptable during this era.

• Can anyone saying NO, read?

This post only offers two verses but there are many. We are conditioned to serve and brainwashed by those who only offer advertisement of the 'popular' verses. Before you answer no, do a search of bible verses that condone rape or condone murder of women and children. There are many, not to mention all the sins listed that are violated everyday, but hey, do anything you want to because all you have to do is ask for forgiveness from a mythical being and all is forgiven, right? Does that really make sense? No, it does not.

• The verses are obvious...Take the women for yourselves.

Denying very obvious verses that tell certain people or groups to take women against their will, either in war, or in the case of Lot, even given away by their own father, doesn't make these obvious verses go away. Attempting to change the definition of the word condone is also very telling of the 'no side'. However, when the bible clearly states 'God ordered' or when it clearly validates raping one's enemies/women, and in addition, makes no attempt to say it is wrong....It can only be seen as condoning rape in the sense that he ordered it.

• Yes. It would have been really easy to put in an 11th commandment.

Thou shall not make unto thee any graven image…Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.. But Thou shall not rape didn't make it. Why? Because it was a common practice back in those days and the men who came up with this commandments wanted to keep their options open. A perfect example why we don't really get our moral values form the bible, they are with in all of us already. We all know rape is wrong and don't need an ancient book to tell us its wrong (which it doesn't).

• i said what he said

Yes, Indisputably. Can not say no when the text is plainly visible to read. A more accurate title would be "God threatens people he doesn't approve of with rape", which is indisputable. There are many references in the bible of God describing how enemies of God will be massacred and raped. I attached a couple.

Does this in effect condone rape? That's debatable but I would say it does. It legitimizes raping God's enemies. It most certainly makes no attempt to say it is wrong.

Zechariah 14:1-2

Samuel 12:11 (NIV)

• Absolutely not.

In no way, shape, or form does the bible ever mention anything about condoning rape. I don't even see how this subject is debatable. I know for a fact, indubitably, that the bible would be completely against any sort of activity even similar to rape. It even says in the ten commandments that "thou shalt not commit adultery."

• No

I'm not sure, but I do not think the Bible condemns rape any where within the text. I may be wrong because I have not read the entire book, only some parts. I did however take a class on it in college and would think that this would have been discussed, which it was not.

• No, the Bible is peaceful.

No, the Bible does not condone rape, because there is no section of the Bible that says it is okay. In fact, there are many portions of the Bible that condemn it, such as Lot, as well as David and Bathsheba. The Bible is clear that we are to love one another, and that a woman's sexuality is sacred.

• Nod. To condone rape is contrary to God's Moral law.

We are commanded to love one other as we love ourselves. We are also commanded not to steal. Rape is a sort of stealing, enforcing your will upon another for self-gratification. True, there are some verses in the Bible that seem to be like God condoning rape, but if you try to understand the context of the meaning, it is far from it. Before saying God condones rape one has to do some research so as not to fall to this ignorant assumption.

• No, the Bible does not condone rape.

The Bible gives accounts of rape, because the practice was somewhat common during the time the Bible was written. However, the Scriptures don't support or encourage rape, or present accounts of rape as though they are right or acceptable. In addition to rape, there are plenty of other examples in the Bible of things that are morally wrong. Just because these things are written doesn't mean that it's OK for people to do them.

• It does not support rape.

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 “If a man meets a virgin who is not betrothed, and seizes her and lies with her, and they are found, then the man who lay with her shall give to the father of the young woman fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife, because he has violated her. He may not divorce her all his days."

This passage is used to support the idea that rape is not a major crime in the Bible. With Isaiah 28:10 in mind we will debunk this by using a precept from another verse.

Exodus 22:16-17 “If a man seduces a virgin who is not betrothed and lies with her, he shall give the bride price for her and make her his wife. If her father utterly refuses to give her to him, he shall pay money equal to the bride price for virgins."

So as we can see, it is dealing with premarital sex.
    Not rape. Here is the punishment for rape in the Bible

Deuteronomy 22:22-27King James Version (KJV)

22 If a man be found lying with a woman married to an husband, then they shall both of them die, both the man that lay with the woman, and the woman: so shalt thou put away evil from Israel.

23 If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her;

24 Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city; and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbour's wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you.

25 But if a man find a betrothed damsel in the field, and the man force her, and lie with her: then the man only that lay with her shall die.

26 But unto the damsel thou shalt do nothing; there is in the damsel no sin worthy of death: for as when a man riseth against his neighbour, and slayeth him, even so is this matter:

27 For he found her in the field, and the betrothed damsel cried, and there was none to save her.

• NO it does not

In the bible it talks about it or says it will happen but in no way does it say its a good thing

and many of the verses the people in the yes section does not even talk about rape such as

Samuel verses
    taking one persons wife and giving to someone else does not necessary mean rape

what if it means that someones wife leaves the one person for another? Did anyone consider that?