• It is not our place

The bible tells us in many verses not to judge others. My thought on the subject has always been to love all people unconditionally as Jesus loves us. We are all God's children after all and we need to treat each other as such. Those who think themselves fit to judge think they can do God's job for Him. He is our judge and the only one who knows our hearts well enough to judge us.

(Matthew 7:3-5) "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye."

None of us are without planks and as Christians we are just as guilty of sin as the people many point fingers at.

(Matthew 7:1-2) "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you"

The bible clearly states casting judgment is not our place. As a matter of fact it will get us in trouble because we do a terrible job of it. Our job is to love everyone regardless of sins and help guide people to Jesus. Not to turn people away by being judgmental.

• What it does talk about is correction

God being judgmental is just because He is gonna judge those who have not accepted Jesus. But humans being judgmental is just ELITISM. We the Bible, however, talks about is tough love and correction. Sometimes you have to show loved ones tough love to get them to change bad habits. So it's a big difference.

• Several times actully

Luke 6:37
    "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

Matthew 7:1
    "Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.…"

John 8:7
    When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stoneat her."

Romans 2:1
    You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.

Romans 14:10
    You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat.

Romans 14:13
    Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister.

Corinthians 4:5
    Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of the heart. At that time each will receive their praise from God.

• Yes, unless you happen to be God

The Bible does talk about judgement throughout the New and Old Testaments, but that's a different question. The Bible tells us that we are not to judge others; judgement lies within the jurisdiction of God and God alone. A number of excellent verses were posted by another member in support of this. Christians should hold each other accountable because iron truly does sharpen iron, but this is not judgement. It is rather a means of mutual support that is done out of love. As for trying the spirits, we are to evaluate the the things we see and hear in order to discern whether they are of God. This again is not a matter of judging others, it's the application of Godly wisdom. One last thing, taking a stance against a sin is not a condemnation of a person or group of people. It is a statement of belief and conviction. Christians must be careful to confront the sin without condemning the individual, We may condemn a sin but should still love the person committing the sin; that's sort of the way God looks at us. He has the right to tell us to do the same.

• Bible Quotes will provide the answer!

The bible explicitly speaks out against judgement on a number of occasions.

Mathew 7:1
    Judge not, that you be not judged

Luke 6:37
    “Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;"

This refers to the judgement of your peers. However, the bible also states:

John 7:24
    "Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”

Thus, we could conclude that the bible has a measure of judgement's acceptability. However the initial question is "Does the Bible say you shouldn't judge?" and yes, it explicitly discourages judging others, providing only the tautological defense of "If you're going to do it... Make sure you do it right." Without any examples of "right" given, it's clear the bible doesn't endorse judgement of others.

• Yes mind yo own business

I'm sorry I don't have my bible for scriptural evidence but god said check yourself before you try to check others. I'm at school right now but I'll find scriptural evidence. Because my preacher talked about probably last month. It was called check yourself before you reck yourself. Thank you!

• This is fact

Judge not lest ye be judged said christ himself, he also said 'he who is without sin may cast the first stone' when the adulteress was about to be stoned. Only christ has no sin, therefore only He can judge when the day of judgement arrives. Every human has sinned therefore no-one is better or worse than anyone else - we are all the same and unworthy of the position of judge, therefore to place yourself in that position is to usurp christ, which carries it's own penalty.

• The Bible says you shouldn't judge.

In the Bible, it says you should not judge people. Only God is allowed to judge people. All people are imperfect, so you should not judge people. It's important to focus on your own faults rather than judging others. Other people's sins are between them and God, and not anyone else.

• The Bible IS Judgement

Disregarding the ironic stance that the bible doesn't teach judgement, yet when we die, we will all be judged on whether we deserve to burn for eternity, the bible has several passages about judgement. According to OT law, you're to be killed if you have sex with a man, cheat on your spouse, or work on a Sunday. I'd say those are judgements, albeit extremely harsh ones. Christians and the like practically have to judge others, because if other people aren't followers of Christ, they're going to burn for eternity.

• The Bible talks about judgment all through it.

1 John 4:1 Tells us to try the spirits and see if they are from god. Jesus overthrew the money changers, and called pharisees vipers. In John 7:24 he even says judge with righteous judgment. Jesus tells a rich man that unless he gives away all that he has and follows him, he can't go into heaven. When the rich man refuses, Jesus makes a statement that it will be easier for a Camel to get into a city gate than it will for a rich man to go to heaven. I'm pretty sure that means you are supposed judge

• It's all controversy

Of course the bible says that we are meant to judge and not to judge. Besides that, logic clearly shows how we must judge. Same with being prejudice, it is only human nature to be able to determine if we can trust one another or if we are attracted to someone and that all makes perfect sense if you look at judging in another perspective that isn't harsh or degrading anybody. If the people that say yes had a conflict with someone who stole almost everything they had and was able to get away with it I wonder if they would want to take this someone to court take back what is rightfully there's. How could that happen? Well if only there was this job that determined if one might be guilty innocent lying or telling the truth it would be easier to retrieve what was taken. Oh wait that job is called being a judge. Sorry if the sarcasm offends anyone but come on, I'm sure there's many who just see "judging" as a way of being mean and thinking one can play god cause people might feel that they're better than others, who is to say this about them. Who is to say that about us, well if someone asked me who I think I am to judge someone else? I would tell them my given identity and state that I am who's to say. As are you. The mailman. And any living creature, we judge all the time regardless of judging people it's a way to figure out the answer. I'm not saying anyone should live a certain way but when there is a mentally unstable person committing horrific crimes such as murders do you expect people to say " well who are we to say that is wrong, who are we to judge this character?" Uh sorry but I'd rather get the person help cause as soon as I heard about someone doing this, I'm judging. So are you, almost subconsciously. It is natural and makes sense, if there is a god, no we could not be that powerful as we perceive it be. Yet I don't believe a god would judge if he thought is was wrong for us to do, also I don't see him liking anyone kneeling before him as if he were a king in a monarchy. Open your eyes, if there is a god, we can barely perceive that confusing insane amount of omniscience that would make up a deity. Next time have an opinion of someone and maybe even change your mind about them, well you are JUDGING.

• Hypocrisy and Judgement

As Jesus once said, "let the innocent cast the first stone." It is pretty self-explanatory. We all should hold each other accountable, but we should never think ourselves better than the next man. We are all corruptible and the ultimate judgement resides with God alone. That said, I don't even believe in any of this, but I do think there are philosophical/moral lessons to be learned from the Bible (like any piece of literature).

• Attention all white christians

The bible, for me is all fiction. Again, FOR ME religion was made out of ignorance. (its just my opinion, don't get your bible in a twist) Im not saying religion is a bad thing but many times, when i admit I'm an atheist people judge. They call themselves christians. Christians act like there a gift to this world. Please stop, your not a aryan religion and it makes me really angry. And if you say I'm gonna go to hell because I'm not a believer, you don't have gods blessing. >:(

DatAzian says2013-12-20T16:06:56.697
The bible says you shouldn't judge a person to be less than you because they're a "worse" sinner than you. It also says that God puts people into authority to judge and that they should do so righteously according to the bible.
Josh_b says2013-12-20T18:27:49.660
I find your statement to be profound and true. Worse or not Worse is subjective to its context. Yes or No is identifiable and should be named as such.