• We need a main leader for a guidance.

We need a pope because he took place the role of Jesus and he interpret the bible for us. He tell us what to do and give us a guidance and inspiration to get eternal life. He is the one who chosen by god and he tell us what God want us to do. He is the one who in-charge of bishops and cardinals. He helps them to prepare and take main decisions to the mordern issues. He is involved in magisterium and make a decision for help us in the issues that catholics are facing today. The main issues like IVF and abortion are still not acceptable

• From a secular point of view...

Yes, the Roman Catholic Church needs a pope. If you want any organization to survive you need strong leadership. If you look at all the thriving and centuries-old institutions, you will find leaders. The Anglican Church- the monarch of the United Kingdom. The US government- the president. Institutions that do not have strong leadership crumble into many unstable factions, are short-lived, are not effective game-changers in their respective fields, or do not thrive as similair institutions that did implement strong leadership. If you want to spread your ideas far and wide, and have a lasting effect you need a strong leader. Some might point to Jesus, but let's face it when we look to Jesus for an answer, most of us don't get a spoken response that is clear cut and universal.

• Yes, The Church needs a leader

The Catholic Church has had a Pope since Jesus said to Peter, "And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it" (Matthew 16:18). If Jesus designated a leader for his Church, who are we to question his judgement?

• I believe it does, even though I'm not Catholic.

As a long-standing religion, I believe that the Catholic church needs a Pope as an overseer; however, they need a Pope who is involved and listens and is progressive. They do not need another Pope who will look the other way when the largest institution of pedophilia is damaging and devastating the lives of children.

• No, the Pope is not necessary

I've read two arguments thus far which support the idea of having a Pope lead the Roman Catholic Church. I'll address each of them here:
    A) The Secular Argument: If you think that the religion needs to have a leader in order to sustain itself...
    If it were true that all successful, long-lasting religions need a person to lead it in order to sustain itself then how have Buddhism, Judaism, Taoism, Confucianism, Islam, and etc... Continued to exist and thrive despite not having a pope-like single leader?
    B) The Biblical Argument: If you think that Jesus appointed Peter as the Pope...
    It's seems very counter-intuitive. Nowhere does Peter claim to be the head of the Church (Jesus is the head of the Church). It seems pretty clear to me that Jesus came to become the One True Way for us to get to the Father (John 14:6). Furthermore, the idea behind the Papacy is that there must be an unerring leader of the Church here on Earth. Why? Where in the Bible does it say to, "look to your unerring leader here on Earth"? I'd always thought that the Bible says to be wary of false teachings, wolves in sheep's clothing. Only Jesus is perfect and so he is the one way to heaven. Although it might seems comforting to have a leader it is the same pitfall that the Jewish people fell into after Judges when they demanded a King to rule their nation (1 Samuel 8). Take particular note of Verse 7 of Samuel chapter 8 which says, "And the Lord told him: “Listen to all that the people are saying to you; it is not you they have rejected, but they have rejected me as their king." (NIV).

Will you follow God or man?

• No, humans sin and aren't perfect.

So the reason we have the pope I because Peter was assigned by Jesus to lead the church. But the problem is, he was trained by jesus. Non of the popes since have been trained, I'd be willing to bet most of them have never had spiritual contact with god. Especially in the modern times, we will see them pushing their own political agenda such as pope Francis.

• Why need the pope?

Why have a pope why .Nothing changes by this really. We don't even know if God exists so why do we even need bishops,deacons and the other guys - including the pope? If we had no pope the catholic church would not change at all. Well , maybe the people in the Vatican would be disappointed but still, come onnnnnnnnnn!

• Because Jesus Lives!!!!

According to the Holy Bible. Before Jesus Christ came you would have to go before a high priest in a holy temple just to ask for forgiveness from God. But you would not ask the high priest for forgiveness but you would bring your sacrifice to the high priest as a payment to God of your sin. But when God sent Jesus and Jesus died on the cross the blood that Jesus shed payed the price for all. Meaning you don't need to bring a sacrifice to the high priest. Also you should ask Jesus for forgiveness and not a high positioned person of the church, because man is not holy but jusus is. Remember that the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit are as one and always existed. Look in Genesis God said " We will create man in our image" yes he said in our image. So that means that the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit also always existed. But when you pray you can say "Oh Jesus" "Oh heavenly Father" or even "Oh Holy Spirit" because the fact that they are as one. So you should not go to a Mass and ask him for forgiveness. You should go to God.

• We need a main leader for a guidance.

• No it doesn't

Of course the Catholic Church doesn't need a pope. The Catholic Church just THINKS it needs a Pope. It's been a long-standing tradition in the Church so they just think they need it. But ultimately, the Church does not need a Pope to continue to make the same out-dated and bad decisions they have been.

• No, the pope is just human.

The role of the pope in the Catholic Church is to belong to a long heritage of guys who claim to be the direct messengers of god. I don't think they are needed at all, and just really serve to reinforce their own positions of wealth and power. The Catholic Church does not really need those guys, it is a good religion to live by if that is what you choose. I have to admit that the rituals of the church that go back in history are quite meaningful, but Catholics would do well to eliminate the idea that there is this one special guy who talks directly to god all the time. If he does, god does not seem to have any good ideas these days on how to fix the problems of mankind.