Does the current medical malpractice process suit the needs of the American consumer?

• I think so

This is a delicate topic because doctors do need the protection that if they make one little mistake and someone does die, then they are held responsible. The great deal of doctors are just simply doing their best and things happen. However, if there is a legitimate complaint, people need to be able to sue. I think what we have right now is okay.

• There is payoff.

Yes, the current medical malpractice process suits the needs of the American consumer, because it is very important that consumers have a regress like they do today. Consumers need to be able to receive compensation in order to keep the doctors hardworking on doing their best work. Right now, aggrieved consumers have a way to get paid. That is a good thing.

• Yes, the current medical malpractice process suits the needs of the consumer.

I definitely think that the current medical malpractice process suits the needs of the American consumer. I think that more and more of the American consumer are able to benefit if there is ever anything that goes wrong due to negligence from a doctor or a health care provider's clinic.

• Current medical malpractice process a detrement to the American consumer.

I believe that the current process of medical malpractice is a detriment to the American people as a whole. The cost of having the medical malpractice the way that it is overall costing the American people way more than if there were more control over how easily you can sue medical professionals. Many doctors have taken the opinion that it isn't whether you will be sued it is when, which drives up the cost of malpractice insurance which in turn drives up the cost of health care.

• Caused A Mess

I do not believe the current medical malpractice process suits the need of the American consumer. This system has created bloated prices within the health care field and it has put doctors on high guard to avoid patients or treating people if the results could lead to something less than ideal. Medical science is not a guaranteed process and I believe these malpractice suits have done more to harm the doctors and the patients then most people are willing to admit.