Does the current politically-correct and squeaky-clean atmosphere of the American public discussion forum mask deep undercurrents of substantial and dangerous racial separatism?

• Yes, PC is being used to cover many problems in America.

PC is turning into a tool to further induce and encourage race bating and strip local "cultural identities" away from communities and build racial tensions.
    It is also being used as a weapon in political and social debate. To use use outrage and social tension in an arena that should be a place for logic and reason. The resulting frustration of the targeted parties create more friction and tension across political, social, and racial divides. It creates and spreads more hate in the name of combating hate.

• Because I'm obviously arguing pro, I'm just going to make my headline long as well to compete with the title of this opinion

Sorry for the lame joke I just made, but all of that aside, political correctness does mask a new racial separatist movement. At my school, people will more than ever make fun of you for your race, not even as a racist joke (which are perfectly acceptable, by the way), but people will say "you can't do ____, you're white" and start blabbing about "white privilege" and how being white somehow gives them an excuse to complain about their problems. And you don't even have to take my anecdotal evidence to believe me. Just look around on the Internet and on the news. People are now saying things that are strangely similar to things pro-segregation activists used to say back in the days of Jim Crow. But don't worry, you guys. People can say those things about white people now because it's perfectly PC and isn't racist in the slightest!

• People use political correctness

It seems as though it is difficult to get a straight answer in any discussion, and the new era of political correctness has given bigots an outlet for which to spew their vitriol. They are able to mask their feelings, and this ensures that issues are not always dealt with properly.

• People tend to go with the tides of political correctness.

The current politically-correct and squeaky-clean atmosphere of the American public discussion forum masks deep undercurrents of substantial and dangerous racial separatism. I believe that Americans are afraid to stand up for what they really believe in and give in to simply speaking on behalf of the politically correct moods of the moment.

• Yes, the PC atmosphere hide some underlying problems in America.

I truly believe that the current overt attention paid to being politically correct in America today is hiding some underlying issues with racial separatism. I think that a lot of people are trying to divide America's culture and group in an effort to undermine the majority, in favor of trying to be appeasing.

• There is some racism, but not that drastic.

There are signs of racism in American public forum, it is nowhere near that much. I would say most people aren't racist in America today. There are still some that are, but not even close to how it was just a few years back. I have never met anyone that supposed separatism today.

• No It Doesn't

I do not believe the current politically-correct and squeaky-clean atmosphere of the American public discussion forum masks deep undercurrents of substantial and dangerous racial separatism. I think this trend is coming from those who refuse to hear racial slurs and refuse to listen to those that support racial separation. It's not a mask of these problems, it's a sign that the majority no longer wants to hear the propaganda.