Does the death of Rutgers student Tyler Clementi suggest the need for tougher laws against malicious online acts?

• Yes,the death of Rutgers student Tyler Clementi suggests the need for tougher laws against malicious online acts.

The death of Tyler Clementi suggests the need for tougher laws against malicious online acts.Right now the internet is virtually a wild west environment.Regulation is needed to make it a safe place for all users.This is especially true for online bullying because it can easily get out of hand if not closely watched.

• Yes it does

I think that with the death of the Rutgers student that more and tougher laws need to be implemented so that online bullying and pranking have harsher penalties. I believe that certain tragedies can be avoided if congress would have stricter oversight on the online environment, and needs to do something to combat it.

• No, we cant over-regulate everything

While Clementi's death was tragic, stronger laws would likely not have prevented it. What his roommate did was already against the law, but he did it anyway. Better availability of mental health services or counseling might have helped, or may some sort of school policy regarding bullying. But changing the laws would probably not help.

• No It Doesn't

I do not believe the death of Rutgers student Tyler Clementi suggests the need for tougher laws against malicious online acts. I believe it is appropriate for these cases to include charges that elicit involvement with a suicide. A manslaughter charge should be made in conjunction. We don't need new laws, we just need to use the laws we already have.

• No, Tyler Clementi's death should not warrant tougher Internet laws.

As sad as the death of Clementi's death is, it should warrant tougher laws against those who commit malicious acts online. Unless the guilty party breaks any type of current laws, than the rules are fair. I think people need to be more responsible for themselves in regards to how they behave online, including what they post and show on the Internet.