Does the death penalty violate the 8th amendment?

• The death penalty violates the 8th amendment.

It violates the 8th amendment because it is a cruel and unusual punishment. It is cruel to kill someone no matter how horrible the crime. It is showing people that if you do something the same will be done to you, it is an eye for an eye. I disagree with that type of justice completely.

• The Death Penalty is Unconstitutional

The death penalty is unconstitutional. Its in obvious violation of the 8th Amendment. Why go out of your way to kill someone when society has other options of punishment? The death penalty does not solve the crime, fix the problems that were caused by the crime, or teach anyone a lesson. It is just killing for the sake of killing. The federal government needs to work with state and put a stop to this as soon as possible.

• A clear violation of the 8th amendment

Whenever I try to formulate my opinions about the constitution, I rarely try to understand what Supreme Court has ruled for cases arguing against the 8th amendment because in most cases the Supreme Court likes to add a modern twist to it. I believe that when our founding fathers came together to create the Bill of Rights, they clearly viewed this as one that should eliminate death as a penalty. Not only is death cruel, in most cases it can be viewed as unusual. Let us consider that this is the only crime that we punish those with the same crime that they committed. This just seems barbaric. We need to progress our society by find better was to rehabilitate people or to keep out those that cannot be allowed back into our society. Death is the end and so should be using it as a way to punish.

• Yes, it is cruel and unusual

The death penalty is a violation of the eighth amendment because it ends in the death of the accused. We should never kill someone as punishment for their crimes, instead they should get a fair trial and be subject to other forms of justice, I don't believe in the death penalty.

• Death penalty DOES violate the eighth amendment.

No matter the crime, the correct way to deal with a criminal is to put them in jail for as long as felt desired by the deemer. While throwing them in jail may not seem like enough, killing is unnecessary. I would rather die than go to jail for the rest of my life.

• The death penalty violate the 8th amendment

When someone is put on death row they usually have done something awful, but it is still throwing away a human life. It is canceling out the ability for change. The death penalty is a form of revenge, and if our government is so set on revenge what will come of it.

• Are you stupid?

Of course it violates the 8th amendment. It is a cruel and unusual punishment. The time it takes to die after the lethal injection ranges from one minute to eighteen. When it takes 18 minutes for them to die, they are gasping for breath the last 15 or so. Not a good way to go. Does that sound human to you? Gasping for breath for 15 minutes? No. It does not.

• Yes but with coution

I think that people should be killed for things but it depends on what for and how bad, like if u liked someone for killing 2-3 people don't kill them but if they kill like a lot of people and more, but I also think that in order to kill some one the situation has to be really bad, and they have to have 100% that they are killing the right person.

• Yes of Course

Why do I have to give supporting reasons for my argument why cant I just choose yes or no like w t f this is so stupid foreal doe the death penalty aint cool yo it says no cruel or unusual punishment death is pretty cruel and unusual to me

• Yes of Course

• 123 no, it does not

There is a chance of being killed by other inmates or a riot. Also a lot of people would rather die than spend a life in prison. Honestly, death would be better. There for it is not a cruel and unusual punishment, of course there are arguments for both sides though.

• The Death Penalty does not support the 8th amendment

It does not support it because it doesn;t h h h h h h h hh h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h

• No no no no

Because no no no no it does not violate it i know. Its a good thing we have me here to tell u all what i know that it doesn't i know very much i am smartest man on world thank u for reading my amazing work i love all of u fans. ;)

• Uypupouyupio utyty yujty

Ty ty rtr tr tyrt yrty rty try yrty tr ytry ty rty try t yrtyrty ty ty try y ytr t t tt tr y y t ry y r y r yr y y y r yrt y rtyr tyrt yty ytry tyrt yrty ry tr yyry t

• Uypupouyupio utyty yujty

• Uypupouyupio utyty yujty

• Uypupouyupio utyty yujty

• Uypupouyupio utyty yujty