Does the entertainment industry taint the minds of Americans?

• Yes it does

The entertainment has definalely altered the minds of Americans in a lot of ways. The people now look at these famous celebrities as the way that you are supposed to be, and look at them to be role models, which is the opposite of what I would say they are.

• Yes, the entertainment industry does taint the minds of Americans.

Yes, the entertainment industry does taint the minds of Americans. That being said, everything taints American in the ways the thing about things. Entertainment, media, and even day to day life can be just a corrupt and tainting as what the entertainment industry can be. I also thing people with low moral standards are more susceptible to being tainted.

• Monkey see, monkey do.

I am a firm believer in this, for the fact that you can turn in the news and see the results of said influences. Take the Colorado shooting at the theater. After viewing the man's picture on the news, the man resembles the character in the movie. While the majority of the general public are mentally stable, some are not. They embody characters they see wanting to create a new identity for themselves. It is a shame that those types of things happen. It then has the public in an up and up debate on censorship. We have free speech and also have the right to view what we want. We cannot ban individuals from viewing without going against our constitution, so all in all what is the price we pay for freedom?

• The entertainment industry is largely responsible for tainting the minds of Americans

The entertainment is largely responsible for tainting the minds of Americans. We have witnessed a lot more rebellions and people who act inappropriately because of the damage that the entertainment industry has done. Children are not obbeying their parents anymore. Families are destroyed and many people are brainwashed into thinking that the good role modes are the ones we see on television, which in fact they are not.

• No, I don't believe so.

I think what taints the mind of Americans and modern people in general is that there are way too many distractions and not enough interaction between person to person. I mean, even social networking sites have character limits now. It seems we are regressing as people because of distraction sometimes.