Does the federal government do enough to help Native Americans in the United States today?

• A country to themselves doesn't work

Feed a man a fish he has food for a day teach a man to fish he has food for life, take that same man and put him on a reservation and now he is dependent on others for everything. Give them their land but now they are USA citizens and can sell their land or produce on it but no more handouts. Give them their dignity back.

• Quite the opposite.

I think the government has done too much. What I mean is: If you look at the Native Americans the government has helped as opposed to the tribes who have refused government aid, you see a vast disparity. The tribes who chose to help themselves are doing much better. That's the important difference. When government takes its hands off, people struggle at first but eventually thrive.

• Yes because it is too late

I do think that today the government does enough for Native Americans. They have their own section of land and are protected. I think that in the past we messed up greatly with the treatment of Native Americans but we can no longer fix that. So in the past it was a no, but today it is a yes.

• Yes, the USA does a lot to help Native Americans.

I definitely think that the government of the United States does a lot to help Native Americans in the United States today. I think that the government actually does too much. Native Americans get way too many benefits and assistance from the government. I think there needs to be some changes.

• Not All Of Them

Many Native Americans have integrated into American society and in my opinion, this is really their best option. The United States made some really bad decisions regarding the natural inhabitants of this land and some of their ancestors are still stuck on reservations on lands that are virtually useless, far removed from society. We should do more to rectify these situations.

• No, they owe a lot more.

The Native Americans have been persecuted for centuries and there is still a lot of stigma and racial stereotyping. Most of this comes from the way the government and the way the treated the Natives when the settlers first came over. Many tribes were labeled and driven back off their own lands for the sake of expanding population. Some were corralled to concentration death camps. The government should continue to make restitution.

• They push them into corners out of the way

No, I do not believe that the federal government does enough to help the Native Americans in the United States today. I think that they push them into reservations in order to keep them out of the way. They give them a couple rights that are not nearly enough, see that their land was taken from them not vice versa.