• It just encourages violent behavior!

I grew up in a non-violent home where my parents actively frowned upon violence. If I acted out when I was a kid in an aggressive manor they would show their disapproval by walking away. For instance when I was 10 I put on a puppet show during Easter and was displaying two puppets fighting. After it was over I asked them if they liked it and they both said that it was good except for the violence. The violence that I was portraying I learned from TV shows (Bugs Bunny) (Three Stooges) in the 80's which weren't very violent for the time. Later on in life I was watching movies with more violence and listening to death metal music which caused me to focus my teenage angst to violent mental imagery. I remember fantasizing about violently beating up kids in school that picked on me. The images were very similar to images that I saw in fighting movies like Blood Sport. I would have never had those images in my head like I did if it wasn't for the movies I was watching at the time. Thankfully I did nothing with the fantasies and never was violent towards anyone and I credit my parents for this! If we as parents show our children that violence is ok by watching violent movies with our young children around and not showing displeasure for this then we are actively creating little violent bombs! If there is nothing inside their heads that tells them that violence is wrong then they are bound to act it out!!! Thing about it!! Do your part as a parent and stop encouraging violence by watching violent films or TV show in front of them!!! We are the sum of our input.....Violence in violence out!! It is simple logic!

• It is a fact

There are scientific facts now a days that media violence is a risk factor for violence. If you look up the connection of media violence to real life violence, you will find article after article saying there is a connection that is scientifically proven. Even if you look up a debate, you will find scientific facts to back up that media is a risk factor for violence

• The media causes violent behavior

Reality is distorted. If you live in a fictional world, then the fictional world becomes your reality. Especially if you grow up with violence surrounding you on television and on the internet. Kids are not yet mature enough to know the difference fact and fantasy so they don't think anything is wrong with what they are doing. Violent behavior doesn't necessarily mean you are doing anything extreme, but can mean you have aggressive behavior or that you bully someone.

• Revival of WWII Standards of Propaganda?

There is no reason to believe that Neanderthals, Slavery, or Hatred of Jews is behind us as a people. What humans did once, they can repeat.

Protections lie in not tolerating the attitudes that became the actions, and that means not selling the attitudes through film, and communications meant to trivialize the gravity of the injustices that brought about those conditions. The Media is apparently not capable of self regulation to prevent pandering to those attitudes, but is fact, highly selective in how or who to choose to hate by the entertainment styles, methods they use for enlightenment and entertainment. But who thinks it is a level playing field in how public will be programmed of what is tolerable, or intolerable?

• Teen violence in schools

I see violence in my children when thy watch violent movies of TV shows like :the walking dead. Media violence with TV's is influencing the children and the above their age level. Kids watching rated R movies and thy are acting like the vilest movie charters and saying bad words.

• I stronly agree!!!!!!!

It is a bad idea. People are becoming too violent. Today some one at our school slammed someone else's head against a brick wall he did this because he thinks that it is just fine because people on the video game do it. Kids are becoming too violent!!!Nothing more has to be said!

• I strongly believe that T.V networks should not allow T.V Violence to be aired on T.V

-IT teachers people especially young children, bad influential words and actions. For example, they could learn cussing words which could be used in front of others when they are upset or mad. Which could lead them into a bad situation

Actions. T.V airs drugs and other substances that are not good for your health. They use drugs and make it seen amazing or great. However using these drugs will make you violent, think rashly, depressed, and addicted

• Yes it does

The media is obviously not 100 per cent to blame but I would say that it does affect it quite a lot! Kids shouldn't be able to buy games such as Grand Theft Auto or Call of Duty as these really may influence how they look at the world. Even stupid adverts on the tv could push a kid over the edge and make them think that they can just go out and beat any randomer up! Its not fair!

• The person chooses violence.

Every night on the news there are reports about murders, wars, and rapes. But the news isn't the only place where people encounter violent or aggressive behavior. Driving home from work, people get cut off and cussed at on a daily basis. At school, children fight over who will be the first in the lunch line. On the street, people get pushed out of the way if they are not walking fast enough. The list could go on and on and on. The point is that humans exhibit aggressive behavior on a regular basis. However, does anyone know why people display these behaviors? Why do certain people seem more aggressive? Is there just one thing that controls when and how aggressive someone becomes? These are all questions that researchers have been addressing for many years. In fact there has been quite a debate over what causes people to be aggressive. However, in order to try to understand where aggression may stem from, you must understand how aggression is defined as well as all of the possibilities that may cause it.

• Teens will mimic what's shown on tv

A few years back some kid saw a violent episode on corri and killed his mum the same way and set fire to the house and saved his little brothers lie . Now the boy who did that is in prison and the little brother is either adopted or up for adoption.

• It is an unfair assumption.

Violence — in our society, we are exposed to it everywhere. Video games, scripted television shows, and movies use it to make money, presenting it as a form of entertainment. Still others present it to live audiences for fame and a nice paycheck, like World Wrestling Entertainment Incorporated and Ultimate Fighting Championship. But it is often present in a form not for entertainment, but as street fights and everyday behavior. While violence in the media is a controversial topic, and does tend to become the scapegoat for the behaviors of small children and adolescents, saying that it does indeed deserve the blame is an untrue assumption.

Video games seem to receive the worst of the blame, particularly first-person shooting games, like the ever-popular Call of Duty and Halo. While there are studies that have confirmed that violent games (particular first-person shooter games) influence aggressive behavior, Forbes magazine says, "No study has ever shown that violent video games result directly in actual violence..." Even more shocking, they also said that it has been proven that "as violent video games have become more popular, violent crime has fallen." Therefore, it is unreasonable to say that specifically video games directly cause violent behavior in the people who play them.

• Media does cause violent

Media does cause violent because kid to young and they problem media some problem dude, but they not stupid to pick up a gun and go grand theft on the world even thought they only got one life only. That why you don't see lot of people in jail, how it use to

• Media doesn't lead to violence.

Hospitals and prisons use television to calm people down and not to anger them. Media has been shown to decrease aggressive tendencies. Studies have shown that social media helps mentally troubled people. Crime doesn't come from the media. Crime has no correlation with the violence in media. How many times do you see people jumping onto rooftops and killing people after playing a video game?

• You are all stupid.

If media is such a bad influence and causes violent minds in our children. Then please explain how the Romans, Ancient Chinese, and even Cave Men became violent? They have no television nor video games. Then how does it cause violence? Yes you are going to pull some "facts" that you have read or heard to use against this argument, but before you do that think to yourself. How do the native tribes in South America know about violence when they keep away from others? Violence is not learned. It is innate. For those who do not know innate is to be born within or to be born with it. Yes kids and adults copy what they have seen but it doesnt mean they were not violent before or insane. No one likes to say they are insane becuase as i said. It's too simple of an answer. When most of the time, that is the answer. So please tell me. After thousands of years of human violence how is media which by the way has not been around that long if you really think about it, how is media the cause of violence. Thank you and goodnight to those who will try to prove this wrong but will fail because the facts are as they are. Just because you do not like the answer doesn't mean it isnt true.

• You are all stupid.

• Media is just an excuse for parents who won't admit they suck at raising children.

A lot of people will blame media and games for their kids violent actions when it could be any billions of other causes. Plenty of people play violent video games or watch violent movies and that doesn't make them automatically insane murderers! I think that people blame the media for no reason!

• Media is not the problem

People blame the media for corrupting every kid in America with violent TV and violent video games. That isn't in every case, not every kid wants to shoot somebody and/or hurt someone. There are other variable's for the kids that do like stress, frustration, and trouble in school. That is my opinion.

• Media is not the problem

• Violence Existed Before Media

People have always been violent. It's fact. The media may have an effect on kids/teens, but it is NOT negative. It makes them realize that doing violent things are bad, and will DIScourage them from being violent. Violence is caused by human emotion, and the... Um... Changes teens go through may cause them to be slightly more violent.

• Media is not to cause.

If media causes violence then does it also cause love and happiness. You can't blame media for one thing but not for another. There are many reasons for violence like stress, socioeconomic status, change in life, mental deficits and many other things but media is not the one to blame. The media can't force a person to pick up a gun and do a drive-by shooting, or go beat someone up on the street because they look like a villain on their favorite tv show.