• Techno-Crap Impedes 'Real' Music

Music can now be mass-produced on anyone's computer using electronic instruments and drum machines. Acoustic instruments and acoustic music is increasingly rare. Justin Bieber and Britney Spears can't play a guitar to save their lives. Tom Petty is one of the few old-school rock musicians left who refuses to use electronic instruments and techno-crap to "enhance" his music. In pop culture today, the most widely-listened to artist who plays an actual instrument rather than strutting stuff in front of the cameras is Taylor Swift.

• Yes, music after 1975 seems lifeless.

I believe that music after about 1975 seems lifeless. Some of the great hits during 1975 included Captain and Tennille's Love Will Keep Us Together. That was such a great, spirited song with a fun melody. John Denver's "Thank God I'm A Country Boy" was popular too. That was also a really fun, lively song.

• The music after about 1975 does seem lifeless.

The music after about 1975 does seem lifeless. If you compare any music today to that period of time, you will notice a complete change and difference in the music as there should be. Music progresses just like anything else. However, there seems to be something missing in music today. I think a lot of artists focus more on the sells and profits of their newly released albums and not in the content as much as they used to.

• No, actually the date is about 1939

As a person with classes in musicology you can see the flow of American music. Well, some might that 1975 pre is lifeless because Fleetwood Mac was a game changer, but you can hear elements of blues and jazz in Fleetwood Mac's music if you listen closely. The 60s will never die LOL>

• Not so much

I believe that there were some good songs before 2000 but the early 2000's had some great songs. YOU KNOW I'D WALK A THOUSAND MILES IF I COULD JUST SEE YOU!!! Haha but yes there are also some good songs that came out in 2013. I bet many would agree. There are songs that I can't stop singing like Timber by Pitbull and kesha, Wake me up by Avicii, Let it go by Demi Lovato, Monster by Rihanna. Music has just changed it's not lifeless.

• No, it doesn't

There are some brilliant musicians who created great stuff after that period, even nowadays there are some great, talented musicians who deserve attention, but, unfortunately, they can't come to the fore because of all the untalented individuals. Generally, the value system is totally deranged, true quality remains misunderstood by the general audience and distorted values and poor quality are being celebrated.

• No, it doesn't

• No not at all.

The music after 1975 is still very much thriving. I would be surprised if anyone thought that it was lifeless. It is as great as it used to be if not much better. Many people loved the 1980s music and the 1990s and some better romance songs, all era's are great.