• Sure it does

People who say it doesnt matter is out of contact with reality. In reality everything matters even if we don't know how or why. Will preseason effect the real season? Yes ofcause it will. Even if the game wont count in standing it will influence the team and players, maybe even fans and money too.

Now it can be argued how much it matters, for I can see people saying it matters very little. But to say that it doesn't matter at all is very ignorant, for if it didn't then there would be no preseason at all.

Think about it this way. If you win or loose anything even if not paid, will it matter to you? Likely yes. You will do your best to win right? You will remember if you win or loose, and that memory will influence you in future games on confidence, motivation, experience, faith, hope, team chemistry etc....So yes the preseason matters.

• For coaches yes, for fans no

Most ignorant fans will tell you no, but Preseason is an important time for new players to get experience and to gauge how good the depth of your team is. Imagine the starting quarterback went down in week 1, you'll be thankful the backup got some reps with live bullets during the preseason. Also, how are coaches going to create the 53 man roster without seeing anyone play?

• Yes it does if you look at the statistics

While on the surface most fans would like to think it doesn't...Statistically it does! Does a bad pre-season mean your team is doomed? No... Does a good preseason mean you'll win the Super Bowl? No... But if you take the time to crunch the numbers as these guys did, you'll see that the pre-season does matter http://www.Twominutewarning.Com/g22.Htm and it matters in more ways than you might think. The data speaks for itself... Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser... Pre-season or not, a Win is a Win and goes a long way in building a confident team.

• NO Preseason games do not matter

I feel that Preseason games do not matter because the 4 games that are played they use back up players....Maybe I'm wrong....But I get more out of the regular season games due to them having the 1st string players on the field.....I'm a ravens fan and one of our players got injured for the whole season....And why did that happen? He injured himself during the Ben Watson.....That's the player I was thinking of.....If we have to have Preseason games lets just have two games instead of 4.

• NO Preseason games do not matter

• Unnecessary added risk

Its good to see all the teams out on the field but there's always unnecessary risk of injuries before the official season starts. The only positive aspect is each of the players are able to see what works and what doesn't against another formidable team. Definitely not an indicator of how the season will turn out.

• No just no.

The preseason is can matter at the beginning of the regular season but really it doesn't after the first few games or even at all. The preseason is great for tuning players to get ready for the regular season because anything can happen in the NFL but really it doesn't matter.

• Not really, no.

No, the NFL preseason doesn't really matter. It's not a good snapshot of how teams are going to play all season long. It's a chance for the team to work out, practice and get the kinks worked out of new plays, and new players, if there are any joining the team.

• The preseason doesn't matter.

The preseason is not an accurate picture of how the actual season is going to go. It is just a time for the teams to get ready and to figure out what is going to work for them. The preseason is more like a scrimmage than like real games. It should not be given too much consideration.

• No

No I do not think that the NFL preseason matters. It is more like practice or scrimages that let the players get used to the game and their (sometimes) new team mates and/ or coaches. I do not think it shows how the team will do during the regular football season.

• Preseason Does Not Matter

The NFL preseason does not matter. The games are insignificant and are a waste of time. What's really bad is that every year payers get hurt during these meaningless games and it effects their teams. The NFL really needs to get rid of the preseason and just add three games to the regular season schedule.