Does the NSA mass surveillance program violate privacy and due process?

• Yes it does

Nsa steals our information that we keep to our selves. The Nsa is like a man following everywhere you go and it sees what you do on the internet and your credit card number and everything else that is private to you. We can stop them from doing that by reminding them of the 4th amendment of the U.S constitution and tell them they don't have the right to steal all of our private information.

• Why do they need to know?

I believe that the NSA mass surveillance program is a violation of privacy because according to the 4th Amendment all U.S. citizens are protected from the government intruding into their private lives. To search into anything, the government needs a probable reason to warrant a search. A mass surveillance system that allows the government and NSA to look into the private lives of citizens who have not committed any crimes is an invasion of privacy and against our amendment rights. I, personally, do not want to give up my right of privacy for the promise of being "safer". When my right of privacy is taken away, I will no longer feel safe.

• The Government should be transparent, not us

Because the NSA’s aggregation of surveillance proves to be an invasion of privacy and an unreasonable search, it is unconstitutional under the Fourth and Fifth Amendment. These NSA actions have also violated the First Amendment, because it collects sensitive information about our associational and expressive activity. As a fundamental right, privacy should be limited only when there is a showing of a compelling state interest that could not be achieved in a less intrusive way--this, however, is intrusive--more so than it should be.

• Yes, it's a violation of privacy.

The NSA has absolutely no right to monitor everything it does. Constantly monitoring things like Internet use, texts, and phone calls is a gross violation of privacy that infringes on the rights of people to privacy and free speech. The vague idea of national security does not excuse this violation of rights.

• It is too far.

Yes, the NSA mass surveillance program violates privacy and due process, because it goes to far to interfere with our daily lives. Even gathering collective information about when we place the most phone calls would allow the government to selectively shut down our cell phone system when it is beneficial to them.

• Yes It Does

I believe the NSA mass surveillance program comes with the potential that due process will no longer be considered a requirement. It obviously violates privacy. As an American citizen I feel I no longer have a choice. Whatever I do on the Internet or on my phone is not private, that is very obvious now.

• No, I do not think the NSA programs violate rights.

The NSA mass surveillance program doesn't violate privacy and any human rights. This program is just for finding out people who are doing something that isn't appropriate for a Democratic country so it means other people are just showing a little bit of their daily life. I think we should know about NSA program a lot more.

• What do you have to worry about?

Mass surveillance is there to protect you. Alot of people seem to think that the government is hostile and mean, but its not. The goverment is trying to protect you from those who do not respect the law. Think of it like this; mass surveillance is no different from surveillance cameras, only the government possess the right to access it, and that personal information is never leaked. If we are okay with survelliance cameras, why are we worried about mass surveillance, which has a smaller chance of leaking your privacy?

• Your all thinking the wrong way about this

Can the government see everything you do when where and why? Yes. Can they see that you are cheating on your wife or watch pornography videos or dance to Justin Bieber on a nightly basis? Of course they can. But do they actually care? NO! Unless your a murderer or a mob boss or a terrorist, then nothing that you do will be released to anyone or used against you. It always bugs people that the government can do whatever they want, whenever they want, but the thing is that they aren't going to look through your stuff. Sure they can, BUT THEY WON'T!! So you have no reason to fear. The world will be a better place with it than without it and it is very selfish to think otherwise.

• People have nothing to worry about

I know most people don't like the idea of other people looking through their phone conversations and emails and stuff, but the truth is that they won't go looking through your stuff unless they have a reason to and even if they go through it anyways, they don't care that you are cheating on your wife, or that you watch pornography videos, or that you like dancing to Justin Bieber in your room every night. They are looking for information on terrorists, or organized criminals, or murderers, not you. Unless you are one of these things, then you have nothing to worry about. Yeah, they can shut down our cell phone or financial accounts, but are they going to, no.

• No, the NSA programs do not violate rights.

I do not think that the NSA mass surveillance program violates any privacy and due process rights. I think that the only people who have to fear the NSA are the ones who operate with shady programs. I think that everyday citizens do not have to fear the policies of the NSA.