Does the pattern of domestic terrorism statistics in the United States warrant the use of racial profiling?

• Racial profiling is an acceptable practice in the United States because of the threat of terrorism

I believe that racial profiling is acceptable for use by law enforcement and investigators provided it is not used inappropriately. However, in times where there is an immediate threat to a vast amount of people, it is acceptable to point one out because of there race. I believe this because as of lately there has been a common denominator to terrorist attacks in the United States and we can analyze this pattern to try and protect our nations security for the next attack.

• Nothing Warrants Racial Profiling

Nothing in America warrants racial profiling. If the NSA, FBI and CIA wants to track down people of Middle Eastern descent, that will be problematic because sometimes Hispanics look like Middle Easterners because of their darker skin. Racial profiling is never a good idea because it violates people's civil rights for no good reason. Instead of going on looks, people need to watch out for behavior when tracking down domestic terrorists.

• No, there is not enough precedent

It's easy to profile someone who the police believe to be a Muslim, but a Muslim is a person with a particular religious belief and not a specific ethnicity or way of dressing or whatever. How would we decide who is who? It is impossible and it is much more effective to concentrate on behavior.

• The pattern of domestic terrorism statistics in the United States does not warrant the use of racial profiling.

The pattern of domestic terrorism statistics in the United States does not warrant the use of racial profiling. I think that because of 9/11 we have started to racial profile the Muslim community for the attacks and that is wrong. Just because someone does something bad does not mean everybody from there was evil.

• No It Doesn't

I do not believe the pattern of domestic terrorism statistics in the United States warrants the use of racial profiling. The truth is, is we don't really have a lot of problems with domestic terrorists. Yes, the exist but not in any stereotypical form. Racial profiling is also a very racist manner to determine potential criminals which I am adamantly against.