Does the pharmaceutical industry in the United States jeopardize safety in favor of profits?

• Yes, the pharmaceutical industry in the United States jeopardizes safety in favor of profits

There are more and more drugs reaching the market today that are unsafe and not fully tested. True testing of these drugs ought to take decades, to be sure that there are no detrimental side effects; but the drug companies don't want to wait decades, so they rush through their testing and sell their products for huge profits, even knowing that they may someday have to settle lawsuits because of bad products, but also aware that the settlements will still be less than the profits they are earning.

• Yes they do.

I believe that the pharmaceutical industry in the United States jeopardize safety in favor of profits. They only worry about the bottom line and how they can make more money. It would be much safer if they were to reduce the cost of medicine so more people have access to it.

• Safety isn't priority #1 in the pharma industry.

The pharmaceutical industry in the United States jeopardize safety in favor of profits. So many side-effects exist because big pharma has normalized these risks. Side-effects are spoken of in percentages, so if a small percentage of people get a disease as a result of taking medication, then it might not be considered "jeopardizing" the public.

• Yes They Do

I believe the pharmaceutical industry in the United States does jeopardize safety in favor of profits. I believe most American companies are guilty of this because so much importance is put on profits and companies can't succeed unless they are on top. At least that's what a person is led to believe.

• Medication helps people to get rid of their issues.

As I've seen, used, and experienced different medications have helped to improve the different diseases. I strongly believe that pharmaceutical industry acts negatively because I believe that their products are really help full. I have a friend who used to suffer from anxiety, his doctor recommend him to use seroquel medicine which is a perfect medication for the one who suffers from stress and sudden anxiousness. I my self always use ad vile liquigel because it always helps me to get rid of fever, pain or any kind of muscle pain I have. I know some other people who use aspirin, Cymbalta medicines for their anxiety. I also know some people use Nexium for their heart issues and they have all been helpful to them because I have seen improvement among them. So why would I think that pharmaceutical industry jeopardizes safety in favor of profit.