Does the public education system in the United States produce better scholars than other countries' systems?

• The public education system in the U.S. does not product better scholars

I do not believe that the public education system in the United States produces better scholars than other countries' systems. The public educational system in the U.S. is currently struggling, and as a teacher I know this first hand. Many students do become scholars, but it does not mean that It's due to the U.S. producing them.

• No,the public education system in the United States does not produce better scholars than other countries.

No,the public education system in the United States does not produce better scholars than other countries.Other western countries have higher standards for their students.On the other hand their systems tend to be more closed so students have less opportunity to move forward so in ther end it about equals out,

• No, the United States lags far behind.

I believe other countries produce far better scholars than the United States does. I think our public education system is outdated and highly ineffective. Teachers are no longer passionate and schools have become like puppy factories - the focus being solely on getting the kids in and out with as little effort as possible. We have lost our purpose and focus.

• China, India, Japan Jumping Ahead

The American education system is horrible as evidenced by lagging test scores and other countries that have jumped ahead of American students. When these scholars complete their schooling, they come to America to teach in universities because they have been taught much better. Japan and China have year-round school. Perhaps America should get a clue and do the same.

• No They Don't

Arguable I think it is safe to say that the public education system in the United States produces exactly zero scholars each year. The public school system in America only guarantees an education through grade 12 or basically around the age of 18. When students move beyond this, they go to college, which is never truly public, therefore I would say our colleges produce the scholars, not our public school system.