Does the recent Sochi attack on Pussy Riot band members taint your view of the Olympics?

• No, The Sochi attack on Pussy Riot memebers didn't taint my view of the Olympics.

Pussy Riot has long been a thorn in the Russian Governments side and when you are hosting the Olympics you are out in the global spotlight and the Government does not need protesters making them look bad, so it's just something to unfortunately to be expected especially from a Government like the Russian Government.

• Not the Olympics

The problem is not the Olympics, which are at this point so famously corrupt it's not even worth mentioning, but the climate of the government over in Russia. We so rarely witness the suppression of free speech in other countries, and seeing it so consistently and so well publicized is probably good for us.

• It taints my view of the culture there

The olympics are a long standing tradition that has gained respect and admiration. Individual acts of violence or hatred do not act as an indictment of the Olympic games as a whole, they just illuminate the idiocy of that individual person or people. It would be wrong to hate on the Olympics because of a few bad apple.

• No, it was expected from beforehand.

No, I don't think the recent attack on Pussy Riot has affected my view of the Olympics, or of Russia. I think the attack was pretty much what you would have expected from the Olympics organizers. They made it pretty clear they were not going to allow any kind of protest during the Olympics.

• No, the incident Pussy Riot does not give me a negative view of the Sochi Olympics.

Even though I did think that the Russian law enforcement officer behaved a little too severely, I do not think that it was something that painted the Winter Olympics in Sochi in a bad light. I think that the band Pussy Riot had more than enough warning to not behave the way they did.