Does the shooting death of Tupac Shakur in 1996 remain a significant cautionary tale for celebrities, especially rappers?

• Tupac's death was a warning.

When musicians--especially rappers--make it to stardom and start earning millions of dollars, the last thing they should try to do is revive the sort of conflicts that were common in the neighborhoods which they came from. It is time for these people to move on and set a better example.

• In a way.

I don't think that mainstream modern celebrities and rappers conduct themselves in ways that were similar to the lifestyle that Tupac led anymore. The nineties were a different time and the gangster lifestyle was often glamorized in the mainstream. I think what happened to Tupac started opening the eyes of some people. I think that is when we started to caution our children against glamorizing the gang lifestyle.

• It's not a joke.

Yes, the shooting death of Tupac Shakur in 1996 remains a significant cautionary tale for celebrities, especially rappers, because they have to understand that their life is real. They have to realize that they are not living in a rap song, that ends and goes back to normal in two minutes and thirty seconds.

• No, rappers won't change because of Tupac

Not all rappers carry guns and look for fights. However, there are some that do, and they clearly weren't changed by what happened to Tupac. I think some people (not just rappers or celebrities) are just going to live dangerous, violent lives, and no example or life lesson will ever teach them otherwise. They're going to have to figure it out on their own.

• All forgot now

I do not think that any of the celebrities or rappers today do not worry at all about getting shot, and I would be willing to bet that most of them do not even know the story behind what happened to this man or how he was even killed then.