• It Sure does.

People often say all the emotions come from the brain. I think that the brain is how we SHOW emotions. The brain isn't the source of emotions it's just the line that relays them. I have also heard the argument that brain damage diseases destroy your emotions and personality. It doesn't. If a radio host is telling a story and the radio is broken and the story comes through garbled does that make him crazy? No.

I had a grandfather with alzheimer's . He had trouble showing emotions and personality. That didn't mean he didn't have them. I could tell from sitting next to him that he was still in there.

• Something has to "run" our bodies.

When we die, no doctor or invention can resurrect us. If life was nothing but a series of biological processes, we would be able to make the body resume them, but we can not. Something needed for life is gone and no mortal man can return or replace it. I believe that missing thing is the soul.

• Yes, the Soul exists

You won't see a physical object or person as proof that the soul exists, because the soul is incorporeal, and has no physical properties that can be seen, measured, weighed or counted. But like a scientific theory that can be proven by a scientific experiment, the spiritual principle that the soul exists can be proven by a spiritual experiment.

The spiritual experiment has nothing to do with religion and religious strictures. It simply calls upon you to "treat others as you would want to be treated". This creates the conditions that activates your soul to connect with God to turn on the flow of divine wisdom and power into your mind and body. All this would happen in spirit, so you won't be conscious of it.

But you would become aware of positive changes in your life, as proof that your soul exists, as long as you continue to "treat others as you would want to be treated". Those demanding physical proof of the soul would find it through personal experience, simply by putting the above spiritual experiment to the test.

• Yes, it is the only conclusion one can come to through logic.

To examine this subject without formal religion behind you, one must think logically: first, lets think about life. We know that we're alive. We know that inanimate objects are not. But why? What is this difference? One might argue it is something's desire for nutrients for energy to function, but by that logic something like Google could be considered alive based on a desire for websites to display. One might say that it's consciousness, but the more one thinks about this the harder it is to define-- a very good artificial intelligence program will learn and evolve, and could be programmed to emulate human emotions at the right time. Something could be programmed to look at itself in some form of robotic consciousness and then emulate happiness based on a variety of factors, but we know it wouldn't actually be feeling happiness-- but what's the difference? If we're all just calculative brains with limbs and organs attached to us, this would be the exact same thing-- but it's not. We know that, and the only logical reason behind this is that we're not just computers, we have something else in us which makes us alive, and this thing is the soul.

• Yes the soul exists

The soul is the one eternal part of us, it never dies, only our bodies do as the vessels for it. The soul lives on forever. It's like a car, one day it will die, but it doesn't mean the spirit of the car died with it, it just goes somewhere else. It's the same thing for us, our bodies may die, but our souls do not, they just go elsewhere to inhabit another body, another life form.

So yes I do think the soul exists, it is the one constant about life within the universe.

• How It Should Be Thought Of

The soul should be thought of as more of a concept about a person, rather than a tangible item. To use an analogy, can it be said that a person has a belief? Although you can not see or touch or package a belief to deliver, no one would argue against that. A soul is a concept to capture the essence and character of a particular person and defines that person uniquely. Souls definitely exist.

• Yes

My understanding of the soul is that it is our mind, will and emotions. But what about our spirits? That’s something entirely different because man has a human soul (mind, will and emotions), a supernatural spirit that lives on forever, and a flesh and blood body that rots upon death. Both the soul (mind, will and emotions) and the spirit of a man lives on after death. On numerous occasions I have been aware of my spirit man---it is an amazing supernatural experience. That’s all the proof I need.that it exists

• Souls exist

I feel that souls definitely exist. I am a very spiritual person and was raised a Baptist. I think it would be impossible to be a Christian and not believe that souls exist. I firmly believe when you pass, you have a soul that will live on. I often feel the presence of loved ones who have passed and I feel as though it is their soul that I am feeling.

• Near Death Experiment

Do you consider yourself identical to your body? Or do you consider yourself as one who has a body? When asked to give an account of ourselves, most of us assume we are the center of consciousness (an I, self, or soul) that has a body. This is true of everyone, regardless of his or her worldview.

• The Tri part tite man

Man (and woman) has a Body, a Soul, and A Spirit. The body, or the flesh, is weak, and sometimes sins, and can be impatient. The soul is who one is created to be, like a musician, or a carpenter, or what you are good at and enjoy. The Spirit overcomes the Body (the flesh) to do great things.

• Prove it!

What can be asserted without proof can be disproved without proof. Every scientific attempt to prove its existence has lead to nothing. Jung, Sheldrake, Freud, no one has been able to bring a single valid proof of its existence. People are so afraid to die that they try to comfort themselves with BS like soul, heaven and eternal life. What happens to your soul when you experience an alcohol blackout? What happens to the soul of someone who suffer permanent amnesia? It's all in your brain, guys. It's called consciousness!

But you're right, soul and spirit belong to the supernatural category, like zombies, werewolves, ghosts and all.

• No never

A soul is no identified part of the human anatomy. Doctors never prescribe medicine that target's a person soul. This is because a soul does not exist. A person is who they are determined by the features of their brain, and nothing else. Your soul does not leave your body when you die. Your brain just rots, and so does your body, meaning that's all that happens to you after death.

• Not based on scripture

I am a believer in Christ, and I do not believe in immortal soul. Observable science aside, taking the biblical approach, the immortal soul is found no where in the Bible. The soul, by biblical definition, is the ENTIRE person. From genesis, "he formed man from the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul". Original Hebrew says "living being", because they understood that the principal of life is breathing. When the breath is gone it returns to the omnipresent God who gave it and the body returns to dust. The soul existing as a separate conscious entity with a destination after death is found nowhere in scripture. It comes from the first lie ever told to the human race by the devil when he told Eve "ye shall not surely die". Check out myth-one.Com for an elaborate book explaining the myth. Is a bit long, but I've read it several times. Changed my entire view on life. I used to believe in the commonly held beliefs of evangelical Christianity regarding the soul, but no more now.

• There is no evidence found anywhere, ever, that provides evidence of anything metaphysical interacting with our biological bodies.

Despite being one of the longest held beliefs in human culture, the soul is a concept that has been shown to be false. Through neuroscience, psychology, and anatomy we have a rudimentary understanding of the human brain and psyche. No where in any legitimate study has some sort of driving source separate from our own chemicals has been shown to influence our understandings or behaviors. Where does the souls fit in our body? What does it affect? How would it do so? These are basic questions that have no answers from theologians, as it is generally assumed most people just accept the idea of a soul. This is because the ideas pervasiveness has been around so long few people contest it.

• From my experience of a complete nervous breakdown and near death I could never confirm the existence of a soul. It's a concept, not more.

There is a bundle of memories to each person. Is that the soul? Maybe. But even that clears in near death so what's left? There's just being and even that sensation gets stopped from time to time. For those who believe in a soul, I would like you to show me what it is.

• There is no such thing as a soul

I understand why people want to believe in a soul. It is comforting to think there is something that cannot be seen or measured making me me. Unfortunately, we know everything that makes you, you is a brain with electricity. Hormones also play a role in your actions. If you have a frontal lobotomy it changes your entire personality, did my soul change. No your brain changed making your personality change. You are your brain and nothing more.

• Brain, conciousness, physicality...

Literally any person who is well edjucated... Or/and thinks about certain things in life and how it works would easely recognise that such thing as a "soul" does not exist. Energy, yes... It does not "die" it only changes it's form. But energy is indeed proven, it's not a soul.
    People are so affraid of the unknown that they have the constant need to put out explanations for stuff, if it can't be explained by reason/intellect/logic then they go to such lenghts of even crating illusions and lying to themselves so they could accept the unknown more easely. It's actually a sign of great intelligence to know what/how much you don't know.

Back in the old days people had a god for every single thing that seemed supernatural and un explainable to them, hence the gods of rain/fire/wind and so on. As the science and human minds evolved, less and less things are unknown to us,hence the decrease of need for multiple gods. Today the biggest by far, most mysterious, most feared natural occurence is death. Thats why the majority of religions today have only 1 god, and why religions always "explain" death with soul or/and after life.

Such thing as a soul does not exist. It's just that it's extremely hard to grasp on to the concept of not existing to some people that makes them believe in illusions such a soul.

• Everything comprising the human body is physical, not spiritual.

Our body is made up of individual cells...Cells that are alive. Cells also die. Do they have souls as well? Do cells go to "cell heaven" when they die? If they don't have souls, then how do we have souls? Do animals have souls? Why or why not? Cells are just as important in making us who we are.

The only evidence we have of our world is physical. UV rays are physical, as are the rays of sunlight that beat down on us during those hot Summer months. Even our emotions are merely a chemical reaction to certain stimuli. It all comes down to physicality. There is no evidence to support the existence of a "spiritual" aspect of humanity. Logically, one can assume that no such thing exists at all.

• Religion taints Society

The concept of a soul started out a religious practice. Through the zeitgeist is became a philosophical thought and eventually it has become a consistent part in the world's vocabulary. We should not accept this a normal thing. What is very simply an idea should not ever be taken seriously.

• The existence of souls would violate the laws of physics.

If souls are created then if they can move and contain kinetic energy, or have mass then their very creation would require a violation of the laws of conservation of mass or energy respectively. If souls are not created then they would have had existed forever, which would mean that if souls have memories they would remember infinitely into the past. Thus if you or I posses a soul we would be able to remember the age of the dinosaurs. I do not recall ever having brunch with a velociraptor and doubt that you do.