• The US does bear guilt in Guatemala.

I feel that the US does bear guilt in Guatemala. The US has a responsibility as one of the wealthiest and most forward thinking nations in the world to protect other nations that are in need. They are responsible for servicing and offering a helping hand in difficult times, no matter what the issue is.

• Yes, the United States, during the Reagan Administration, sent soldiers to Guatemala to aid the killings.

Yes, I believe that the United States bears guilt in the Guatemala genocide because they sent armed soldiers to Guatemala knowing what was happening at the time. Reagan himself was said to have made a statement regarding Guatemala as "dirty work" that needed to be taken care of. So, yes, I do believe that the United states should feel some guilt for the 200,000 deaths that occurred.

• No US does not bear guilt in Guatemala

Guatemala has been suffering due to their dictators and their non
    democratic policies . US being a advocate for democracy and human rights was
    obviously troubled . Helping a country in need does not make it guilty for
    every wrong that takes place . Being involved in good cause should be appreciated rather than blamed when anything goes wrong .

• No, the USA doesn't bear guilt.

While it was awful what happened to all those people who died at the hands of their own government, I do not think that the United States of America should bear guilt for what happened in Guatemala. I think that people are too quick to blame the United States for every issue.

• The US can't take blame for all.

It is not fair for the United States of America to take blame for every world event that takes place. This includes that of dealing with Guatemala. It seems all too often when things fail they want to blame the United States of America because they don't want to take blame themselves.