Does the U.S. need a different system of airplane passenger screening?

• I was patted down for no reason

It's way too intrusive. I was 18 and provided a birth certificate and a school ID and they let me through but took me away from my parents and patted me down extra. It's ridiculous. Also they got mad that I forgot a gum wrapper was in my pocket. A GUM WRAPPER.

• something less intrusive

No one likes that the airport TSA agents can look at us naked. It would be nice to have some kind of detector that could just read any kind of weapon. Either that, or maybe they could make some kind of Robot that could do the job. People will not like that though, because it takes a way jobs.

• What's the TSA terrorist count again?

Security theater is worse than no security. Abusive, barely educated, minimum wage thugs, empowered to harass and detain American citizens in quasi legal court and lawyer free proceedings is not America. Not the America i thought i was growing up in at any rate. Someone else said it best- " those who give up liberty in pursuit of security, deserve neither".

• The U.S. needs a different system of airplane passenger screening.

The U.S. needs a different system of airplane passenger screening. It is good to be overprotective and cautious but their system definitely needs to be improved. The wait for security is just way too long and the methods that they use to pick people to do some screenings is just wrong.

• Yes, the US needs a different screening system of airplane passengers.

I definitely think that the United States needs to change the screening process a little of airplane passengers. One of the things that needs to be changed are the full body scans that they have been using. That needs to go. Another thing that needs to change is their policy in regards to racial profiling. I do not think there is anything wrong with it as long as it is logical.

• Passenger screening at airports works well

Most complaints of the airport screening process come from vacation travelers. Ask most business travelers and they will agree that we have a good process in place, not that there cannot be improvements. When going through the process, one should have all papers ready, do not ask questions, and if asked to move to the side for a manual pat down do so in a timely manner. If these processes were complied with without objection, things would go a lot smoother.