• A o k

Bc i think so and thats all that really matters, even tho im suppose to be writing an essay abuot this. I would like to thank my mom dad and myself for making this happen. And i love all of my fans. Stay in school kids. Love you mom and dad.

• A o k

• Of course it matters.

You will see opponents to this argument say that it doesn't matter because they do not understand the way the system works, or else they are upset about the outcome of the election. This is exactly why it is important that each and every person votes, because each and every persons' vote affects the electoral vote (with each persons' vote having more or less affect in each state). Some people believe that the system should be what they consider "simplified," by doing away with the Electoral college and only using the popular vote. However, the Electoral College actually prevents states with large populations from majorly affecting the election.

• Yes it does

Because the point to vote is to chose who we want as a leader, who we think could better our country. We have been voting since this country was first born, now people want to stop voting and ruin something that's been going on for a long time, over two hundred years. The future of America is literally in our hands, we make the choice on how the next 4 years will be, maybe even eight years, this is why I say we vote.

• Yes, because it causes presidential candidates to take a wider range of citizens into consideration.

By using the electoral system each state gives all of its voting power to one candidate or the other. It creates an all or none voting contribution at the state level. The benefit of having each state representing only one presidential candidate is that it causes each presidential candidate to focus on every area of the country when establishing a campaign platform. In other words if a presidential candidate knew that he/she were winning the votes of a certain demographic that had enough voting citizens to get him/her elected, that presidential candidate could simply choose to ignore everyone else.

The electoral vote helps all demographics within a state to have a voice because an election can not be won by a candidate who simply ignores some part of the country as if their opinion does not matter.

• Of Course it Does!

This questions is obviously posed to address the validity of the electoral college when thinking about the presidential election. The electoral college vote is dependent of the popular vote, so if there was no popular vote how then could it be defined which candidates win which state? And for that matter, every OTHER election at the state level is directly determined by the popular vote. So yes - the popular vote does matter.

• Popular Vote Determines Electoral College on State Level

Although the Electoral College should be reformed, popular votes for president do count at the state level. If one candidate gets a single vote more than another, that state's electoral votes go for the candidate. A more fair way to divide electoral votes would be on a percentage basis for each candidate instead of a winner-take-all system.

• Yes it does

Yes the US popular vote does matter in the end because when you vote for a person your individual vote may not matter but as a whole it does. There has been very rare cases where a president has won and did not have the popular vote and the margin in those numbers is very small. It happens in very rare case and it has not happened recently so US Popular vote does matter.

• No, some votes don't matter

In any state that's either overwhelmingly red, or overwhelmingly blue, it doesn't seem like much more than a meaningless gesture. The philosophy is also flawed, as it suggests that, depending on where they live, some citizens voices are more important than others.
    I didn't get around to voting myself. But there's no point in regretting that, because, had I voted, it literally wouldn't have made a single bit of difference.

• Voting for President

If my vote counted then Clinton would be the next President.Clinton has been in politics almost all her adult life ,she has more knowledge about the world than Trump.After being first lady when Bill was President I am pretty sure she knows the workings of government better than Trump. Next election,I will not vote

• The US Constitution spells this out . A presidential win should Never be determined by popular vote. Unless you like chaos or dictatorships.

Often popular votes are concentrated in certain places of the country. And with that, specific geographical and ideological views.
    Most of a popular vote, can be concentrated within say a large state, in a particular;y large city. If popular vote mattered, then all a Presidential candidate would needs do, is campaign in that area , they win while being able to Ignore the entire country.

Needless to say that equates to a dictatorship. And Not what our country is about. Everyone has a say - to maintain a free republic, you cannot have a pure democratic vote, otherwise one segment of the population can Lord over the other, and terrorize people with say, Ungodly liberal laws. To prevent chaos and dictatorships; and to allow every voice to have say,
    we have the electoral college. If it ant broke don't fix it; or you'll brake it . Then you'll be screwing yourself.

• The Constitution explains exactly how this Republic works . NO popular vote determines a president win. That would be dangerous.

Popular vote is not equal in many cases, often popular votes are concentrated in certain places of the country. And with that, specific geographical and ideological views.

Most of a popular vote, can be concentrated within say a large state, in a particular;y large city. If popular vote mattered, then all a Presidential candidate would needs do, is campaign in that area , they win while being able to Ignore the entire country. That is Wrong, and not what our country is about. Everyone has a say - to maintain a free republic, you cannot have a pure democratic vote, otherwise one segment of the population can Lord over the other, and terrorize people with say, Ungodly liberal laws. To prevent chaos and dictator ships; we have the electoral college. If it ant broke dont fix it; or you'll brake it . Then your'll be screwing yourself.

• Depending in the state you live, your vote does not count if your state is true to a particular party.

The electoral silences your individual vote. Keep true to the American way, which is the will of the people, not at the hands of a few. The electoral is an old system that made sense, but no longer functional. Lets move forward make every vote count individually. America is great.

• Eliminate Electoral College vote

What matter in a election should be the will of the people, majority of the popular vote should matter!!! That is a democracy.
    Therefore the electoral college should be eliminated.
    Why do I vote if my vote at the end will not count. This is not a democracy.
    Electoral college vote should be eliminated.

• Individual voted don't count

I have always been one who said "every vote counts" and "don't complain if you don't let your voice be heard." I witnessed what happened when Al Gore won the popular but Bush won the electoral. I wasn't happy then but thought it was so rare that it wouldn't be an issue. Well in just a little over a decade, here we are again. The majority of this country voted for one person and yet the most unqualified, corrupt, racist is going to be sitting in the oval office. My vote made zero difference and obviously the millions of others didn't matter either. We made our voices heard and nobody listened. So no, the popular vote doesn't matter at all.. And when it should matter like overturning the electoral vote when the popular vote wins.. Nobody does anything. So what's the point? There isn't any.

• Idaho Democrats Don't Count

I live in Idaho, a thoroughly red state. As a democrat my vote doesn't count because Idaho will always go Republican. If we elected Presidents by popular vote, more people would vote because they would know their vote actually counted. I suspect there are other Americans who are caught in this same problem.

• Lies Lies Lies

I feel like we're all being lied to. GET AND VOTE! They yell at us.. And we do. We stand in line for hours to cast a vote for something and someone we believe in so strongly, and then what? The people speak and a candidate wins the popular vote.. It is clear who the PEOPLE want as their leader. But wait, it doesn't matter at all. Because the electors in the electoral college are allowed to stay loyal to their party and vote how they want. They DO NOT have to vote in relation to the popular vote. Our democracy is a farce. It's heartbreaking to live in such a great country and yet still feel trapped. Forced to call some ignorant buffoon our President.

• The popular vote should indeed be important a major key in the actual election process but the reality is kind of different.

Democracy should be built over the thoughts of the citizens, the people. But what's the point of voting when your vote is not really being count the way it should? Other countries just have the popular vote, two rounds: one of all the candidates, a second one between the two leads. Adopting a similar system could actually help for the people to actually get the authority they want in general, not one that could in times feel imposed by an inadequate system.