Does the U.S. school system make enough accommodations for students with disabilities?

• Yes, I think the US school system makes enough accomodations for people with disabilities.

I believe that the United States education system as a whole is more then accommodating to people with disabilities, there are entire departments in a school dedicated to special needs children and there are numerous medical personal and therapists all on hand to accommodate people with disabilities, there is always room for improvement but overall I think the United States does a good job.

• U.S. school systems make enough accommodations for students with disabilities.

U.S. school systems make enough accommodations for students with disabilities. Certainly, more accommodations could be made. There are budget concerns. The U.S. school systems are dedicated to integrating children with disabilities but depending on the severity, sometimes it is necessary that children with disabilities be in schools out of the mainstream.

• Yes, the school system makes enough accommodations for students with disabilities.

I definitely think that the United States school system makes enough accommodations for students with disabilities. I think that a lot of them are doing all that they can to make sure that a student is able to learn in an environment that accommodates their disabilities. If anything, the school system does too much.

• Yeah the kids need it

I know some kids, who have PDD-NOS (google it) which makes them HIGHLY limited. I heard they use iPads so they don't write long homework assignments. They have low dexterity (again you can google that) as well as other weaknesses, but they are still smart. When I was in school, I remembered having a scribe.

• US Schools - Putting Children At Unfair Disadvantages

Schools in the United States today do not accept or accommodate the students with disabilities as much as they should be. The special education programs in many schools are, to put it simply, very small and inefficient. The students are often placed in large classroom sizes because there are not enough special education teachers. Children with disabilities deserve more accommodations.