Does the widespread adherence to the Eastern Orthodoxy church impede secular celebrations such as the Olympic games?

• Yes, Eastern Orthodoxy does

The reason the Eastern Orthodoxy Churches impede on secular celebrations is because of their hard-line views and manners of behavior. When you cling to a belief system this archaic in the modern world, you are more likely than not to trample on almost every secular celebration. This is a real shame.

• Eastern Orthodoxy Church

I personally think that the widespread adherence to the Eastern Orthodoxy church is not impede to the secular celebrations such as Olympic games because it is a church and Olympic games does not take place at a church. I personally think that the widespread adherence to the Eastern Orthodoxy church because of the impede to the secular celebrations.

• Olympics Are Tradition

Given that the Olympics have been held successfully across the world for many decades now I have no reason to believe that widespread adherence to the Eastern Orthodoxy church has somehow impeded these games. If anything I believe secularization has benefited these celebrations because more people are apt to participate without turning it into a religious matter.

• Not bothering anything

No, the widespread adherence to this church is not bothering anything, and is not affecting major events like the Olympic games at all. People who follow this church do so out of their own faith, and people who do not follow it are not judging the people that do follow it.

• There is no conflict

There is no conflict between religion and sporting events, and there is a long history of religious sports players. In ancient religion, the Olympics were an actual religious event, and today, despite no religious connotation, there is no conflict between the adherence to Eastern Orthodox ideals and participation in the games.