• The world needs computers.

Computers have opened a huge amount of knowledge to its users. They are used in schools to increase knowledge and understanding. They are used at home to increase knowledge and understanding. There will never be a time when we will revert to a life without computers. We use computers to accomplish tasks that previously had only been done with paper and pen. We are fortunate to have computers because they have simplified our lives.

• W Live in a Computer Age

While humanity could probably survive in some form without computers, the technology has become central to the way the modern world functions. The Internet drives commerce, taxes are filed with software and the bits of computer technology dot our phones and cars. If this technology were to go away, these parts of society would have to be rebuilt.

• the world today

I personally agree,Computers have great importance in the world today. They enable people to save data in a soft form thus reducing the bulkiness associated with filing systems. They also enable one to multitask, that is, carrying out a number of operations simultaneously. This thus saves ion time. The computer has become a media of communication. Through internet, people from different worlds are able to interact with ease via the computer. These are a few of the many roles a computer plays in our ever day life.

• They Are Too Integrated Into Modern Society

I personally think that computers are great toys and entertainment devices. I have been using computers since the Trash 80 days. I only really got interested in them when I purchased a Commodore 64

I've had at least 1 or more computers every since. I even have a box of ole Minis that might not even run the new OS that Apple has realeased. I've even run an old copy of Windows XP that I'd purchased many moons ago on a Mac running some kind of Windows emulator program/app

Yes, computer can do amazing things. They can save lives and they DO everyday. So why say we could do without them?

Because of the ongoing quest to invest a computer with AI. Artifical intelligence is all well and good. Ask yourself tho, of what use are we to a thinking machine? Many movies and novels deal with idea of machines taking over. Movies like the Terminator franchise. The movie AI by Stephen Spielberg was fantasy, big time. Why would a machine want to be human. From what we can see every day there is much to be desired about the human race. Why not eliminate a maybe threat to the inteligent machine(s) existence. Mankind does it every day or tries to with mixed results

Anyhow, that is my thoughts on the matter right now. I'm open to changing my mind as I didn't always feel this way.

Btw, I'll continue to use computers, just like I use toasters and microwaves and refridgerators. They are useful and likely to become aware any time soon or ever for that matter

Your opinions will of course vary somewhat or more

• No: The World Does Not Need Computers

It's true that the economic systems we depend upon require computers, and we currently depend upon this economic system. However, the system is fatally unstable, and so under a massive break down, it will be possible to discover the fact that the world does not need computers. Certainly there will be a large loss of life under such circumstances, as we are adapted as a species to a system geared to self destruct, but in the end computers are primarily needed for a society that needs computers. The circular logic should be obvious.

• People Lived Way Before Computers

The first two to three thousand years humans lived with out computers. It is very possible to live with out computers, but it will never happen unless the sun decides to wipe them all out. We are so dependent on computers that if that were to happen, it would cause global chaos.