• Too much school can be devastating...

While it is important to stay focused, and try to perform as well as you can in school, you shouldn't be forced to do homework, to the point where it can devastate a family and possibly ruin relationships with family members/friends.

I had something happen like this to a friend a year or so ago. He became WAY too involved with school, he had all advanced classes, and usually brought home a stack of homework every day. Now, he has transferred to a new school, and he doesn't receive nearly as much work.

Really, it comes down to how much you can handle. If you think you are up for it, perhaps you can take honors/advanced classes. However, just remember you will have to be A LOT more involved, as far as school goes. However, if you have a teacher who is deliberately giving you a lot of work, then you may want to request a schedule/class change of some sorts.

• School hurts family life.

Some kids when they get home have so much homework they can't even have a minute of free time. It is hard for the student to not have family time. If school got shortened it could cut back on teacher lessons they would probably cut back on homework. School can put too much stress and not enough family time. It is time we did something.

• Too much work

The workload is too large for many students to handle. A lot more people are being introduced to "advanced courses" (myself included) meaning way more work. Not only that, but if the student has multiple classes, the workload is too much to do both work and social life with family. Along with this, I go to school every day, and I rarely see my girlfriend because we're constantly doing work. Thats just friends, family is more.

• I do not think it affects family life

I do not have very much homework on the regular school day, but i can see how if you have a lot of homework it would affect you. I dont have very much family life anyway im usually out and about hittin the town. But overall i dont think school gets in the way of the life at home with thine family.