• Love is real

I have had a taste and it is real. I lost my love but now that I know it, i know it. Love is amazing and can set the heart free. My love is lost because he had to do the right thing and be with his wife. But what I felt was very real.

• I know that true love exists, because I have been married for almost 50 years, and my husband and I love each other as much as we did when we married.

I am positive that true love exists. I have experienced it myself. My husband and I met when we were nineteen. We fell in love with each other almost immediately, and were married two years later. There has never been a day in the almost 50 years that we have been married that I have not loved my husband, and known that he loved me also.

Posted by: R0d0Ferdy
  • True love exists because God brings two people together to for the purpose of marrying one another and that relationship provides the opportunity for true love to happen.

True love exists because the Bible says that God brings people together for the purpose of marrying one another. When God brings that perfect match into a persons life the opportunity for true love to occur becomes possible. One reason that people do not think true love exists is because they just marry anybody that comes into their lives without consulting God or even thinking whether this is the right person that He desires them to marry.

Posted by: TasticBran
  • True love does exist and is epitomised in agape love or self-sacrificing love that exists among a few people.

True love exists, but it is not the romantic garbage so often displayed on TV. That is not love, but lust. True love is when a person truly seeks what is best for another person. It is not destroyed by the loved one's actions. It forgives, understands and is patient. The definition of true love is found in the Bible, 1 Corinthians 13 for those who are interested. If it can be combined with romantic love in a married couple, then that makes it even better. True love is a choice. It is not selfish.

Posted by: IindsM3II0w
  • Yes, it does since I've felt myself.

I recall when I didn't believe in true love, but when I met my dream and fell in love, it changed my viewpoint. What would you call it when you can't live without someone? When you want to give without expecting anything in return? Or, when you believe in someone in all circumstances and stand by him/her? If it's not true love, then what it is?

Posted by: TownMaso
  • If there is no true love, then how do we even have the word?

Whether love is a biochemical hormonal rush or a psychological state of bonding to a person, the state of love does exist. The word exists in every language, in every culture, and in every known civilization. Love exists except for very few psychopaths, making it one of the few true human norms. Because love is universal, it can be true for everyone. It may be between parents and children, spouses, friends, or other family, but it can be true for everyone.

Posted by: Pir4And
  • I believe that true love exists, but people may disagree on the definition of true love.

For as many definitions of "true love" that I know of, I believe they are all possible. In terms of loving another person, I believe that true love is really the acceptance of another human being. This definition can be expanded to the rest of the world and to the self. True love and acceptance are almost the same thing. So, yes, I do believe that true love exists.

Posted by: Iewie2cute
  • True love exists for those who chose it.

If you're just waiting for true love to show up and take care of you, you'll likely look for a long time. If you are looking for someone to love, then you may well have better luck. It's more likely that your love will be returned than that you will merit love without showing it first. None of us are deserving of love all the time and sometimes this love will be returned in kind for a while and then the other person will fail dismally and betray us. That doesn't mean the love was never real. It does mean that it wasn't enough. If both partners are willing to practice loving even when they don't feel like it, then true love can only grow.

Posted by: SayNic3
  • Yes, it exists if only in the heart of the lover.

True love exists and what's more, it only takes one! The truest love of all is often unrequited; it's true because it is pure and unadulterated by reality! True love exists between a mother and child, between an artist and art, between a child and his first puppy. Anywhere that passionate feeling is not tainted by selfish desire, true love exists and thrives.

Posted by: Th4Fire
  • But you need faith and commitment to sustain it.

When two people love each other, it is a wonderful thing. The longer you can sustain the initial romantic part of your young relationship, the better. When two people really have the chance to get to know each other and to consummate after a long drawn out romantic phase, this is a wonderful thing.
    This serves as wonderful memories for you. For although life is bitter sweet, there is nothing like looking back over the ocean of your life and being able to see the beauty of the moments.
    The important thing to realize is that different people get together for different reasons. A success in a marriage can serve as an example of success generally. In the same way someone might commit to mastering a skill in their life, a successful marriage is built on working out the daily process of having a successful marriage in the long term.
    The yearning many of us have to be in love with someone else is indicative of a deeper yearning for a relationship and connection to 'life' and the mystery of eternity.
    People have phases in life. If a young couple fall in love and commit, within a decade they both will be in a different phase within their lives. If they marry in their 20's, they are in a sense still adolescents working out how to live.
    The important thing is not to worship your partner and not to make them the center of your life. This is particular important for the 16 - 21 year old's. If you can help it please do not spend this critical phase of your life fussing and worrying over a relationship. It is important for you to realize your personal life goals and to study for your adult life.

• Its just lust... No love....

These days all guys just want quick sex nothing else. I mean all guys are players. They use a girl and throw her away like used tissue. Now I am not against the idea of love. Yes, there was love 50 years ago. But its the 21st century. Men just need objects to satisfy their needs. They want pleasure not love. They'll use the sexy women and then not remember their names. Kids and teens are losing their virginity so young. This world has come to greed and lust only. It is impossible to find love. In the end there will be heartbreak. I mean even if they say they love you, put a sexy woman in front of him and he will jump her. They will cheat. Go to clubs and see people making out or just hooking up and one night stands is all there is today. I so hope to be proved wrong in the future but sadly that is not possible.

• Love is an illusion

I am 17 years old. I am agree that I am pretty young, but since I was born I have never seen true love. People do date and they do marry each other , but they do that because of their selfish reasons. I have been in relationships a few times, but that was enough for me to understand that true love doesn't exist. Once I loved a man older than I am, and I was desperate about him, I allowed him to be really close to me, but all he wanted was sex so he left me in a year. He said he loved me more than life itself but would he go away if it was truth? I don't believe in love; my parents never loved each other, they never told each other they love one another, never hugged or kissed. I tried to love someone too, but I am not capable, I am not capable to get attached to a person, I never loved someone first, I really tried..... But I wish love existed.

• Let me tap my heels together, and wave my magic wand.

Let's be realistic here, love has to be one of the worst ideas ever invented. It doesn't make sense, but the supporters of love say that it proves itself. I have yet to see a bad idea fall from the sky, and land in my lap. I have been trying to convince the world around me that it is a delusional form of reality based upon the notion that everything is 'happily ever after.' It's an age old lie that was created by poetic minds, and embedded in religious doctrines such as the Bible. When I looked at what love is, I thought it resembled the last work of Dr. Seuss. "Love is this, Love is That, and a Little Bit of Everything.'

• There is no love..SORRY

Sorry, but it is all a fight for dominance and power! Seduction is the strongest weapon ever invented! Cleopatra used it and succeeded! I dont think there is true love in this world! Only lust combined with insecurity, both of which we interpret as "love." Maybe there is only instinct and we act in love just to satisfy it.

• Real love does not exist

You think you love someone? You can't love someone for who they are, because people can never know each other 100%. When you think you're in love, it's your mind who plays with reality, and makes your "lover" perfect for you (perfect does not exist, nor does love). Maybe you think you love someone, but I bet that one of you will love the other one more, and the one who loves most, will be used in this evil game called love. BE with someone you trust, respect and admire. Not love like a fool.

• True love or lust

The definition of love is having a deep affection for someone. I believe that true love occurs over time. You invest your time into someone which causes you to love them. When people say "It was love at first sight", it causes me to wonder if it was really a deep affection sparked by looking at each other. In my opinion, it was "lust at first sight". The relationship was based solely on looks, and not on any character traits. If you look at the story of Romeo and Juliet, Romeo was madly in love with Rosaline in the beginning because she was so beautiful. He became dangerously depressed when he found he couldn't be with her. When he saw Juliet at a party one night, he completely forgot about Rosaline because Juliet was the most beautiful woman he had ever laid eyes on. This goes to show that you can not truly love someone because of how pretty they are, you fall in love based on their personality.

• I hate that

Because I love one person but he is younger than me so only I feel that love is not true. I love him truly but I cant able to marry him. Because he is younger than how it possible to marry him if god makes me marry him I will be the happiest person in the world.

• Always goes bad in the end

I have seen a lot of relationships in my lifetime, and ALL have failed. Even if it did last all your life, eventually it would end, because people die, you know. I also have never experienced true love, not even toward family, friends, lovers, no one. Love is just a lie people tell themselves so they aren't lonely, but sooner or later, you will be FORCED to accept it.

• No, because men are created to genetically procreate with as many females as possible

If you believe in Darwinism, then you should know that a man who creates the most children succeeds in securing his genes will be passed on continuously. People confuse emotions with chemical reactions in their brain based on a code that has been inherited. Men may truly believe they are in love when in reality their brains are just fooling them to ensure fornication. It's a viscous cycle that never ends of creating more and more unfaithful men that add to our genetic pool. We may think we can transcend our biology with intelligence, yet humans are still animals last time I checked. Proof of that would be hiccups and goose bumps as they are genes we've evolved past yet still have.

• Ideally yes, but arguably no.

In the context of 'romantic' true love, I believe that two people will feel highly attracted to each other based on a combination of hormones (e.g. oxytocin) and neurotransmitters that activate their 'reward' centers of their brain, leading to feelings of attachment to each other. The level of oxytocin released is proportional to the levels of attachment they have for each other.

That said, I'm happy to be proved wrong. I would love to fall in love with someone and grow old with them. I admire people that sit next to their partner when they are ill/going through a tough time, and give them the support, love and encouragement.

Bullish says2013-05-11T17:49:30.590
Define it.
Anonymous says2013-07-22T13:26:14.357
So let me get this straight. People who are for love are people who've been through it and those who're against love are people who have ideally had their hearts broken or never had love. I think true love is opinion based, perception being the case then it is you destroying or making yourself. Isn't it?