• They may be perfect for you, but you are not perfect for them.

If you can love your family, or love your friends, why can't you love someone who may not love you back? Once you take a person down off of that pedestal you put them on and get to know the real them through and through, if you're willing to let them go because you know you love them and they do not reciprocate your feelings, how is that not love? They may be the perfect person for you, but you are not the perfect person for them and I believe that's where unrequited love comes from.

• Love is simply liking someone a lot because he/she can do many things for you

...And this idea isn't always communicated between the two people involved. You may not permanently fall in love with anyone, as you may feel that your love for someone is in vain, but it's very possible to be temporarily in love with someone who doesn't love you back. 50 words.

• Knowing you can never be with the person because fate doesnt let it happen.

When in your heart you know, he's your soulmate. But there's things like mental illnesses, loneliness, not wanting to hurt each other and end up keeping things from each orher because you're scared when they leave, it will hurt. And he doesnt even know i love him, makes it even worst. Because he's my best friend but i live him more and i know for sure he will never love me back. Who says only boys get friendzoned, girls do too.

• Unfortunately it does

I've been crazy in love with the same man for 4 years. We've become friends but that is the extent of his feelings towards me. It breaks my heart every day. I love him with all my heart and I'm sure of it. Unrequited love exists, and it's quite horrible

• Unrequited love exists

If you think that you need to feel love in return for it to be real, then you have never loved someone who didn't love you back. I have been in love with a girl for 4 years, a girl who has never shown a single sign of loving me back. To me this girl is the most precious beautiful thing in the world. I would do anything for her to be happy regardless if I am in the picture. Love is about truly putting ones needs and emotions over your own. Love isn't a connection between two people but a feeling of appreciation and attraction to that one special person you believe to be unrivaled.

• I think so, but I would never admit to being the unloved one

I have a strong...Belief that love doesn't really exist in high school. Which is where I am. I make a few exceptions, but for the most part I think 'love' is thrown around too much. That being said... I'm a girl. I've had crushes before, but I don't get them too often. But this guy... I started liking him seven months ago. And somewhere in there, I really do believe that I fell in love. I remember inviting him to my little bowling birthday party with a couple of friends...And his response was "I'd love to!"
    At this point, I thought that there was a chance that he liked me back. I'm a bit of an outcast. And he's popular and sweet and funny and attractive. For those reasons, from the beginning I didn't want any of this to happen. But I started making up excuses to text him and... There was this one night when he asked me if I wanted to go study with him at the library and he picked me up and everything.. I started to think he really liked me. Then a month later I invited him to my party and prom was coming up and I stupidly thought he might ask me. My friend, who found out I liked him (which I tried very hard to avoid anyone knowing), took it upon herself to ask him if he was going to prom and who he was asking. And it wasn't me.

The pain of it all...And how I'm always thinking about him... It probably just sounds like some stupid high school crush, but I am very mature for my age and I have never felt like this about anyone before. And I don't think I'm likely to again.

Sure. It exists.

• Unrequited love is real and exist

Only because someone doesn't love you back doesn't make it any less real. I fell in love (for the first time) with a guy who I (and my friends) strongly thought loved me too. Heck, he was the one to start flirting with me and telling me that he loved me! Turns, out he lied. I was broken when he got a girlfriend. It has now been two years, and I still love him, and only him. I'm not stalking him, I'am trying to continue my life. I am hardly not even speaking to him anymore. But he's always on my mind. EVERYTHING reminds me of him. Everytime we're in the same room I get breathless. I can barly look at him anymore. And I know I would do ANYTHING for him. I'd never break him and his girlfriend apart, because she makes him happy. But, oh how I long for him. I dream about him constantly. And do you know what makes me so sure it's real? The PAIN! It hurts so much, all the time. Still, I'd do anything for him. I hate how pathetic I sound. Love doesn't have anything to do with being loved in return. Love is all about giving. "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."

• You can have unrequited feelings, but unrequited love is a bit far

Personally, I don't think you can be truly in love with someone unless you either are or have been in a relationship with them. It's perfectly possible to feel a strong attraction towards someone, but if you haven't actually had a relationship with them, you can't know them intimately enough to be in love with them. Nowadays, people throw the word 'love' around a lot; they say it when they don't really mean it, or even if they think they do it's not true love they are experiencing. Believe me, I know the pain of wanting someone who doesn't want you back- but I still wouldn't call that unrequited love. The only situation in which I think a person could experience unrequited love is if they were broken up with but were still in love with their partner, because they are still in love but the partner isn't anymore.

• Unrequited Love Is Stalking:

If somebody doesn't love you back, simply Get Over It, because to pursue somebody because of Unrequited Love is Stalking and you may get arrested for it. I had many, many cases where I had massive crushes on women, yet, if they rejected me once, I'd never try again, because it's not worth it.
    That's something I worked out as a very young lad. If some girl had shown that she likes me, I'd give her a chance, regardless of my initial feelings for her, because sometimes rough stones can hold diamonds. Chasing after diamonds only results in deep cuts.

• Love is an energy that will always come back to you

Most people today have no idea what it truly means to love someone. Most people think they love someone because of what they get from the other person/relationship or how the other person/relationship makes them feel. This isn't love. It is need fulfillment, people confusing this with love can fall into the illusion that unrequited love exists. True love is about what you give not what you get. Sometimes people go through things. True love waits and supports and gives during these times when someone else might be blinded or distracted or unable to give back to them what they give. We live in a fast society of convenience. Unfortunately, very few people know that real love is about seeing someone for who they are under the surface...It can see through false appearances, setbacks and struggles someone might be going through at the present moment. True love holds on to the loved one's potential when even they might have forgotten. True love stays to remind you who you really are. This is unconditional love (for conditional love isn't love at all, merely need fulfillment). Love is patient; it never fails. Love perseveres and always finds a way...There is no unrequited love, just love incomplete because someone gave up...Or thought someone else filling in their own lack/emptiness or correcting some wrong within them was love in the first place...Nope, hate to tell you, you were BOTH just using each other.