• Yeah sort of.

How would we no what no flavor taste like. How could we possibly describe that and compare it to water. You can do a lot of things to give water a fruity flavor such as cherry but water still has a flavor I do personally believe. Thank you for reading.

• Yes it does

Water has water flavour. I actually really love the flavour of water and she. You are thirsty you crave it. I don't understand how people can say it does not have a taste when we can clearly recognise the taste of water. What about when people say stuff like, it tastes watery.

• Water has some flavour

The right answer to this question is 'yes'. Water does a flavour. Different types of water have different flavours. Water from different places tastes different, for example mineral water tastes different than tap water. I know also you can add fruit flavourings however plain water does taste different and professional food tasters can taste for the best water.

• Waters' tastes differ

Different brands, or types or water have different tastes to them. Sometimes the difference is dramatic, but it is clear that the composition of the water alter the overall taste. If water didn't have a flavor, wouldn't it all taste the same? Flavors don't have to be as distinct as a fruit, but to say that water doesn't have a flavor is absurd because it all tastes different.

• Water does have a taste

Although some may argue that water has no flavor at all and taste like nothing, I disagree, water has an indescribable taste that can not be defined by anything other than the expression that "It taste like water.'". If water didn't have a taste what is it that makes it so distinguishable from other liquids. Is it even possible to say water taste like nothing? What does nothing taste like anyways, and how can you compare it to water?

• Yes, i strongly believe that water has a taste.

Water does have a taste. After having done some research, i have discovered that we can taste the vitamins and minerals in water. And if we can taste those in water, obviously we are tasting the water. And we are able to recognize water when we drink it because we recognize the TASTE.

• Water tastes bad

Water has a very bad taste. It does not taste good. It makes a bad taste in my mouth especially after I eat any food. It only tastes good after I brush my teeth with some supa minty toothpaste. It makes me really angry when people say that water does not have a taste.

• Water has a very subtle unique flavor.

I would believe water has a verg unique flavor in which could be described as a bit more salty or some water may seem to taste more "sweet" I simply also believe the flavor must be very subtle because its flavor may be overpowered very easily. The ways in which it is overpowered are by fruits, chemicals, minerals and even simply by the condition of the container, whether it be clean or dirty, plastic or glass. It all effects the end result in the flavor.

• Water has a flavor, it just isn't observed that way.

Water has a flavor otherwise if it didn't it would taste like air and you can't taste air. People think it is flavorless, but when you take time to actually really taste it no matter what type of water it is it has a flavor! To recite again, if water didn't have a flavor, it would taste like air but in a liquid form. Most likely in a solid it is most likely to be recognized that is has a flavor.

• Water does have a taste

I think water does have a taste because a) how would you be able distinguish water from other drinks if it didn't? Water may not be sweet, sour, salty, spicy, or any other specific, dominant flavor but water has its own unique flavor that we all can recongnize and distinguish. B) Water has a different taste over location and if you are drinking bottled then brand applies as well. Water in America tastes different from other parts of the world and it depends on climate, vegtation, etc. Different brands of water have different tastes because they are obtained from different bodies of water which all have their own unique amount of sediments and minerals, climate, therefore, creating their own distinct flavor.

• Water has no taste

When we talk about "no taste", we are simply referring to a lack of nervous stimulation on our taste buds. Since flavor is nothing more than electrical signals in our brains triggered by certain chemicals, we can say that no taste is simply a lack of signals. Water can be made "healthy" by adding certain ions, but pure, distilled water does not have any chemical energy within it (hence why it doesn't burn or provide nourishment to animals). This, there are no chemicals that trigger our taste buds to fire, so biologically speaking, water has no flavor.

• I Say No

Water alone doesn't have a taste. It's the minerals, chemicals, and other things that cause it to have "flavor". If you have pure water that has been carefully filtered to remove all "flavors" from it, it always tastes the same. Water isn't a flavor, it would have to be sour, tart, bitter etc.

• Pure Distilled Water

Pure distilled H2O has no flavor. Only certain things interact with your taste buds to give the sense of flavor, Hydrogen and Oxygen do not interact with human taste buds and therefore have no flavor. What you taste in your water are the minerals added in the filtration process. In this case you are tasting the minerals, not the water.

• Taste receptors and smell

Water is odorless, and odor is part of what gives things taste. Without odor, water must then interact with our taste buds. Spicy anyone? Minerals do give water a taste, but in reality that is the taste of the minerals. Water has a texture, we feel it, but it would be scientifically inaccurate to say that texture is taste, it's not.

• Taste receptors and smell

• No it doesn't

The scientific definition of water is that it is a molecule consisting of two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom which is colorless, odorless and tasteless.

If you drink water and you actually experience a flavor, you are not tasting the water, you are tasting whatever has been added to or is contaminating the water. For example, most municipalities add chlorine to the water supply as a means to destroy bacteria and other microbes. Chlorine does have a flavor and it lends that flavor to the water so you are actually tasting the chlorine and NOT the water. This can happen with iron, fluorine and other water additives and contaminates.

• Not pure H2O

If it has a flavor, what is that flavor? And pure H2O can't posses a flavor because it is a thirst quenching liquid that runs through our bodies and entire world fueling us with life. It seems pretty plain to me cause what it is, is the plain old water we have always naturally come to drink, there is a reason why there are labels such as water and flavored water. There is a difference.

• Another silly question by Someone who have no clue!

Pure H2O is tasteless and odorless.

Water is a liquid at standard temperature and pressure. It is tasteless and odorless.
    Http://en.Wikipedia.Org/wiki/Water

Do you every buy bottle water? It is filtered so all the minerals are taken out; it is as close as you can get to pure H20, except for distilled water.

Have you ever had distilled water? There is no taste.

• By itself no.

GWL-CPA says2013-12-19T02:03:32.587
I can't believe that the "Yes" side is winning on this question. Did any of the "Yes" people attend high school?

This "Yes" folks need to read a chemistry book.
Sourgummyworm says2013-12-20T21:59:31.007
I meant drinking water but ok I guess it's my fault for not cl;arifying
GWL-CPA says2013-12-20T23:53:48.183
I see, sorry you did not say drinking water. It can have a flavor based on how it is treated, e.G., chlorine. And, if you have ever had well water, it can taste great or very bad based on minerals. If you have ever lived in Sweet Water or Midland Texas, even the treated water taste like crap. You need to use reverse osmosis on your drinking water. They even have TV warnings about not letting your young children drink it because it can turn their teeth black.