• External and internal value

It matters in the sense that it will make a difference with first impressions in career/networking opportunities. But it should not matter in determining one's internal value. For example, one's internal confidence should not depend on the kind of physical material one is wearing - that would make one's self internal value very fragile

• . . ..

People people people people people people people people people People people people people people people people people people people people people people people people people people people People people people people people people people people people people people people people people people people people people People people people people people people people people people eople people people people people people people people people People people people people people people people people people

• First Impression means everything!

When you first meet someone on a professional level the way you dress, talk and look means everything. I agree your skills and achievement define you at the end of the day but when you meet someone it is the beginning of the day and if you are not dressed according to norm for a profession you will leave impression your sloppy and do not have respect for yourself and your profession.

• It matters a lot!

I believe it really matters hugely. What you wear might leave the very first impression on strangers. Have you not been treated differently when you're in your suits rather than your sloppy old clothes with a couple of coffee stains on them? Even if you're an outstanding person, you're sending out the wrong signals. People will just pick the wrong ones you've sent..If you dress up properly, people may treat you more seriously. For why would they treat someone in his old ,sloppy clothes nicely if they don't even know what kind of person he is? Don't rely on people knowing you by your talent or personality, it takes far too much time and no everyone cares about it..

• Unfortunately, it does matter. No matter who you are, people will judge you.

Your clothes help these people label YOU in their minds. You can be superman, but no one's going to know you're superman until you wear that suit. It's just how it works.

Our appearance is like a substance taken into the body; it influences our thoughts and behavior. If you wear something that is considered uncivilized relative to your society, the people who think themselves "civilized" will judge you. Giving that impression, someone will take a mental note of that instance of appearance and have a reason to exclude you from the "civilized" group.

Until the other group gets to know you or feels comfortable letting someone who wears something different represent that group, wearing the "wrong" things can have some negative psychological effects on people.

I'm not saying that you cannot ever be happy with what you're wearing, you just have to be careful of what you wear at certain times at certain places.

• No matter how many times people are told not to judge a book by it's cover, it happens.

People in modern society don't really care about what's underneath. If you are not waring the most stylish clothes or shoes, people will label you as "behind," or "weird." I agree that it's not the outside that matters, but to be socially acceptable, you have to change your whole entire demeanor. What you wear does matter.

• Yes, sometimes it matters

What you wear sometimes is important to other people to judge and estimate you. For different situation you can wear different style of cloths, for example you can wear normal clothes like hoody and sport pants for a trip; on the other hand, for a more serious situation, formal clothes will always give your partner a good impression.

Also find out what is the best style for you for a bit of unexpected temperament and charm.

• It matters alot!

What to wear in society's eyes is a huge deal. Clothes help us express our personality and what we are like other than just talking about it. We need to show our individualism from each other. All of the people in the world need to state that they are different from one another and show that we are not basic, the way we do that most is through what we wear.

• People will judge you on what you wear.

Maybe they shouldn't but they do. What you wear gives someone an impression of you. It's like if you're walking down the street and you are dressed inappropriately then someone who does not talk to you might judge you on just what you're wearing and that is why it's important to make a good first impression through simply what you wear. SO yes I think it does matter matter what you wear.

• Only if you're shallow.

If you're shallow, judgemental or lack self-esteem, then yes, it does matter. But you're more likely to find good people whom you enjoy spending time with by socializing and being a good person. And now I am just going to go on and on just to fill out more words because apparently fifty words are needed.

• It only matters if you're shallow.

If you're shallow, judgemental or lack self-esteem, then yes, it does matter. You'll more likely find good people whom you enjoy spending time with by socializing and being a good person. And now I am just going to go on and on just to fill out more words because apparently fifty words are needed.

• Your shallow thought are NOT my problem

I will never conform because "unfortunately people will judge". No. I know my heart. I know how I treat people. I know that I am loving, giving and compassionate. If I want to wear itty bitty shorts you can bet that I will. My clothing doesn't define me. I am comfortable it what I choose to wear. Get to know people. The only thing that defines you is how you treat people. So hike up your shorts, show some cleavage, or don't. Wear Luis Vuitton, wear hand-me-down. No material thing will ever define you and those who judge you for clothing are in my opinion shallow and judgmental. Get to know someone. Times are changing. Lets all love and appreciate eachother !

• I don't know!

Who actually gives a legitimate fuck what you wear? In the long run, no one is going to give a fucking shit. Sure you might be seen as unpopular but who gives a fuck? Jocks are absolute cunts, alternative groups are the fucking best! Get it through your thick skulls!

• It really shouldn't!

What you decide to put on your body shouldn't matter at all to others, the only thing that should matter is the person inside. People that say that it does matter are the people that are judging others according to the cover. Your clothes should never be a depiction of what you put forward into the world. Just be you, and the right people won't care about what you wear.

• I dont think so

Just because you need to show what you look like, surely normal people will judge someone by their personality not by what they are wearing, i found a quote which goes like "Judging a person doesn’t define who they are, it defines who you are.” this shows that the bad people are the ones who are the ones actually judging other people, in an idealic world no one would be judged but unfortunatly no one lives in that world

• I dont think so

• It shouldn't matter what you wear, but how you behave.

I don't think that it matters what you wear as much as how you behave. I believe that clothes are supposed to show the type of behavior you emanate. For example, at a fancy dinner you wear proper clothes in order to show that you are meant to behave properly. But I think that everyone should be able to wear whatever they want to any occasion, whether it be shorts to a wedding or a suit to the mall, as long as they behave in an acceptable manner. This way, everyone can dress the way they desire without being judged. In modern society we are too often judged by our clothing rather than our behaviors and personalities. If anyone could wear whatever they wanted in any situation, then this would be less of an issue.

• Not always !

Its good to be presentable. But there is a huge difference between being presentable and being over influenced by fashion. It all depends on the way you carry yourself. People judge you regardless of what you wear so thinking of what others might think if you don't look posh enough is pointless. Your wardrobe does not define you. Your dressing sense does not make you stand out in the crowd,it might but then its temporary. At the end of the day its your skills,your achievements that define you.