Does white favoritism exist in America and many northern Euro countries?

Asked by: Adam2
  • I agree .

I posted the White privilege comment, The only reason why I coined it white privilege is because America and other northern and European countries are starting to out grow racism and technical racism with each new generation. With this new element factored in I feel that favoritism falls under the partiality of technical racism.

• Discrimination and persecution

I definitely believe white favoritism is still a big problem in America and many Northern European countries. Imperialism isn't even the whole story. Go to Denmark or Scotland or the USA, and try to apply for a job if you're not white. Even if you have the credentials, they'll hire a white person before a black, Hispanic, or in some cases, even one of the historically ethnic groups.

• Black people are passed up for promotions even when white co-workers do shirty jobs

Happened at my workplace. I got passed up for a promotion in favour of my co-worker so I anonymously sent a video of him playing online games for two hours when when he should have been making market research reports the week before. I still didn't get the promotion in his place though but he didn't either, in fact he was fired, so it was a small victory for me, but the fact they didn't promote me in his place even when they found out what a time waster this guy was seems to speak volumes, actually the whole promotion position was ditched after this happened, maybe they ditched it just so they didnt have to give it to who was next in line namely me being a black person?

• Black people are passed up for promotions when white co-workers do shirty jobs

Happened at my workplace. I got passed up for a promotion in favour of my co-worker so I anonymously sent a video of him playing online games for two hours when when he should have been making market research reports the week before. I still didn't get the promotion in his place though but he didn't either, in fact he was fired, so it was a small victory for me, but the fact they didn't promote me in his place even when they found out what a time waster this guy was seems to speak volumes, actually the whole promotion position was ditched after this happened, maybe they ditched it just so they didnt have to give it to who was next in line namely me?

• Black people passed up for promotions when white co-workers do shirty jobs

• No, that's not true

I'm not racist, to start even though many of you will say that I am merely due to the fact that I disagree.
    *Racism isn't a problem. I have had blacks hired before me and I'm white. It just depends on who you are. Some people will be racist but most aren't.
    *I am annoyed with the use of racism (not here but in other places). If a white executive employee is kicked out of a job for not being good, it will be deemed fair. However, if the same occurs to a black executive, the person who fired them will be called racist. Why? Because now (not all the time) blacks use their race to get their way. I've had it happen to me before and I despise it. Just because I go against a black doesn't mean I'm racist. I don't care if you are white, black, green, orange, yellow, or purple, if you say something I don't agree with that is worth arguing, I'm gonna argue. There is no reason to call me racist for it. Overall, I say that racism isn't a problem.
    *Finally, I don't fear black males. If you are a person I don't know, I'm gonna at least be cautious of you until I know you. Go back up to my color selection above and the same is the same here. Until I know you, I'm always gonna be cautious.