• He dose exist

I haven't yet come to encounter him, but I do believe he exists. I may walk on blind faith, but I believe that God will come through when I need him most. This world of ours to to perfect to be an accident. We must have a creator whether we choose to see it or not.

• I believe God exists.

To have a belief in God you don't even need an explanation.

If you took a walk in the forest and saw a turtle on a fence post, you can rationally assume that time and chance didn't put it there. The same goes with the belief in God. Since we know there is a creation, there has to be creator. Who but God could've created a Universe? I don't believe anyone could.

David Berlinski, a senior fellow in the Discovery Institute’s Center for Science and Culture. Berlinski received his Ph.D. In philosophy from Princeton University and was later a postdoctoral fellow in mathematics and molecular biology at Columbia University. He has authored works on systems analysis, differential topology, theoretical biology, analytic philosophy, and the philosophy of mathematics, as well as three novels. He has also taught philosophy, mathematics and English at Stanford, Rutgers, the City University of New York and the Université de Paris. In addition, he has held research fellowships at the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis in Austria and the Institut des Hautes Études Scientifiques. Berlinski wrote a book called The Devil's Delusion, and, I think he makes it clear that even though theists can't prove scientifically that God exists. Atheists can't prove the inexistence of God either:

“Has anyone provided proof of God’s inexistence? Not even close. Has quantum cosmology explained the emergence of the universe or why it is here? Not even close. Have our sciences explained why our universe seems to be fine-tuned to allow for the existence of life? Not even close. Are physicists and biologists willing to believe in anything so long as it is not religious thought? Close enough. Has rationalism and moral thought provided us with an understanding of what is good, what is right, and what is moral? Not close enough. Has secularism in the terrible 20th century been a force for good? Not even close, to being close. Is there a narrow and oppressive orthodoxy in the sciences? Close enough. Does anything in the sciences or their philosophy justify the claim that religious belief is irrational? Not even in the ball park. Is scientific atheism a frivolous exercise in intellectual contempt? Dead on.”

By, the way.... He is an Agnostic.

• I believe God exists.

By, the way.... He is an Agnostic.

• What is up with this spelling?

Okay so I'm sorry for pointing out the spelling but then again I'm not. How do you not know how to spell does??? Anyway i believe that God does exist and you don't have to KNOW he exists to believe in him. But I will say that many known doctors and scientists that were atheists now believe in God because of their own personal experiences that you can easily search up on Google.

• Does it exist? No idea.

Does God exist? Well, we don't know, and I doubt we'll ever do. Religion isn't about being right or wrong, it's about believing in whatever you want as long as you aren't hurting anyone in the process. Want to believe in Jesus? Go ahead. Want to believe in a giant turtle holding the world on its back? Sure. God might or might not exist, and the lack of a "Maybe" option makes me go for the "Yes", as I personally believe a god (Or at least an entity capable of creating, or influencing the creation of, the world and what surrounds us) exists.

• Monkey sense ,., .,.

My forefathers did not hang in trees from their tails 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 1516 17 18 19 20 21 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

• Does God exist? Yes. How do we know if he does exist? From his Creation.

God is Real. Every creation needs a creator and ours is evidently a creation. This creation should also has a creator. Now this creator is not a magician with a magic wand but is very subtle and nuanced in its approach towards its creation. Our creation would not have evolved in any other means other than by an intelligent creator.

• There's no God.

People are just scared that their existence is meaningless, so they want to believe there's something more. Something better, because they aren't happy with what they have now. People couldn't understand world they lived in, they were frightened of what they saw but couldn't explain. And instead of trying to understand, they created gods and goddesses, made them a reason people are alive. They chose easier way. What about now? People aren't sure what's real and what's not. Religion is huge part of life, either you believe or not. People still want to make this world magical, they wanna choose easier way. But the truth is that we know so much about our world, its existence's history, that there's no place for gods anymore, there's not much left for our imagination too, actually.

• He probably doesn't.

He has never shown himself, and all we have as far as evidence goes is one of the most factually incorrect books of all time. We don't have a creator. We have a naturalistic cause for existing. I'm not putting any faith into the Bible, or this figment of primitive imagination.

• Not as conscious Creator

We can agree that there must rationally be some set of circumstances that brought about the universe as we know it. That in itself, though, is not proof for the existence of any consciousness or willpower behind it.

As intelligent social creatures, we are inclined to imagine systems we do not understand as having some form of consciousness. Attributing consciousness to things is an effective tool for understanding animal (especially human) behavior and useful in turn for cooperation and conflict resolution. But attributing consciousness to the creation of the universe is not a useful means to predict the actions of the universe, even if it does paint a clearer, more comforting picture of a world we don't fully understand.

Those everyday miracles are not proof of the conscious creator(s) so much as proof of the observer's own eye for patterns, sense of beauty, and imagination; admirable traits all. God and/or other spiritual phenomena are cultural in essence and though their respective mythologies place them in the context of the physically real, their bearing is only on the minds of those who learn of them. Ideas produce behavior and behavior alters the environment, so that's something, but human behavior probably didn't create the universe.

It seems to me the conundrum is this: God is a cultural phenomenon, not undoubtedly both 1. Directly related to the creation of the universe and 2. Possessing a conscious will of its own. God is also a figure of authority by which many codes of ethics are justified, a source of strength and comfort, a celebration of love and beauty, a shared experience that strengthens the bonds within groups, and many other things to many people. But to justify a belief in God, it is critical to experience God as more than "just" a shared idea and set of ideals expressed and molded by hundreds of generations of our fellow human beings. Whether or not God is conscious or Creator, it is essential that God is perceived as both.

Just as a placebo must be perceived to work one way in order to actually work, God must be perceived to exist as a conscious Creator in order to properly exist as a cultural phenomenon. So God may not exist exactly as specified in the physical world, but God does exist in God's own way in the hearts and minds of those who believe.

• Okay so...... My deep thoughts at 3am

Nature is perfect and beautiful in it's own way. God was introduced into our cultures as people to give reasons to things that we don't understand, I'm not talking about a certain religion, I'm talking about all gods, goddess's, titans, spirits, pagans, demons, everything. We as humans have a need to understand things or else our attitudes just don't sit right in our subconscious minds, deep thoughts, emotions and even our outlooks on life change as our understanding of the meaning of life changes, many excepted "god" to be that meaning of life so they could move on and have something to fill the unknown parts of their lives, the law of conservation of energy states that energy can be neither created nor destroyed, i believe that when we die our energy is used elsewhere because we only borrow this vessel we live in and we will have to give it back to mother nature eventually and therefore become part of other things that make up this wonderful world we live in :) as for the beginning of life and matter the fact is that if you can believe that god has been around for all time why can't we just accept the fact that matter has just always been around? Quantum theory isn't that far fetched in my opinion, life is here because matter and energy in harmony is amazing and perfect in every way. With that I bid you a good morning :)

• In order to believe in the Abrahamic (christian/ jewish) god.

Let's say that the consensus is that our species, being the higher primates, Homo Sapiens, has been on the planet for at least 100,000 years, maybe more. Francis Collins (one of the most famous christian defenders) says maybe 100,000. Richard Dawkins (one of the most famous atheist defenders) thinks maybe a quarter-of-a-million. I'll take 100,000. In order to be a Christian, you have to believe that for 98,000 years, our species suffered and died, most of its children dying in childbirth, most other people having a life expectancy of about 25 years, dying of their teeth. Famine, struggle, bitterness, war, rape, suffering, misery, all of that for 98,000 years.

God watches this with complete indifference. And then 2000 years ago, thinks 'That's enough of that. It's time to intervene,' and the best way to do this would be by condemning someone to a human sacrifice somewhere in the less literate parts of the Middle East. Don't lets appeal to the Chinese, for example, where people can read and study evidence and have a civilization. Let's go to the desert and have another revelation there. This is nonsense. It can't be believed by a thinking person.

Posted by: hect
  • No proof, no existence.

First of all, i do not wish to impose my opinion to anyone. If somebody wants to believe to god, i am ok with it, as long as he doesn't want me to believe as well. So, it is natural for a human being to hαve the need to believe iν something ''bigger'', we the purpose of finding a ''shelter''. We all know, even the believers, that God's existance will never be proven. Every single evolution has been made by science and people's cleverness. I can even tell that it is unfair to always give the credits to ''The Big One'', even thought we know who did the breakthrought or the invention. That is my opinion, noy necessarily the truth.

• Which God? Jesus?! Allah?! Zeus?! Jupiter?! There is not enough evidence to support exists of God or gods.

We live in 21 centuries, and we know humans and other species were not created by any creature; we know how evolution solved the mystery of origin of life; we know the age of the earth is more than four billion years; we know the earth is not flat. Yes, we know these facts because of science, not Bible or Quran. Some people take god out of religion, but there is not enough evidence even for that God. The humans tend to exist of God, but we must consider the evidence.