During pregnancy, men should be able to omit themselves from the child and not have to pay benefits.

Asked by: Luxobos
  • No rights, no support.

Men do not have the rights that women have when it comes to pregnancy. Should a child be born without the consent of the father, the father should not be expected to pay for said child or to support it in any way.

I believe this should be regardless. Women could give the child up for adoption if they felt they couldn't do it with out support from the husband or try have another support them. There is also support from the government. No rights, no responsibilities.

• If she can abort then I can abort.

If I get a woman pregnant and I want the kid but she doesn't, she can abort the kid if she wants to and I have ZERO say over it. If she wants the kid and I don't, she can force me into fatherhood. So I have no right to choose when I want to be a parent but she does, in world that trying to force equal treatment among men and women, just how fair is that? If I have a child with a woman and she decides to not let me see the kid, yet I have to pay for it still, then I should have the right to not pay. I shouldn't have to pay for something I have no rights to, that like you paying a mortgage on a house you aren't allowed to live in. Now how many of you would tolerate that? Like the guy above me, No rights NO SUPPORT!

• If she can abort then I can abort.

• I have no rights to a kid, but I should still support it?

• The father has just as much responsibility for his kid as the mother does.

Men do not have the rights that women have when it comes to pregnancy BECAUSE women are the ones that have to bear the child. When a man and a woman have sex and the woman gets pregnant, she's got the unfortunate side. But the child is still just as much the man's as it is the woman's. The right of the man to omit himself from the child would not only be unfair on the child, but on the woman.

• It Takes Two

It takes two to make a child and a lifetime to raise one. With sex comes responsibility on both sides. If you’re in a relationship, it is the responsibility of both parties to inform each other whether children are wanted or not; also as in a casual sex situations, both parties need to take responsibility. Since no birth control 100% effective, both individuals needs to do their part to prevent unwanted pregnancies. Typically, it’s left only to one member of the couple to assume responsibility. This is where the opps factor comes in. Often the man feels betrayed when this occurs and laments over 18 years of child support. The woman did not betray it’s an effectiveness issue. Either party might not have done their part in preventative measures. Due to abortion being a contentious issue that physically affects only the woman, it is not appropriate for a man to deny or promote the continuation of the pregnancy. It is a singular individual decision based on personal morality that affects the woman, not the man. No woman should be forced to terminate or continue a pregnancy based on someone else’s permission to do so. In short, if two want to play, both need to pay.

• No, the man is just as responsible for makin' the baby happen in the first place!

They fertilized the seed! The woman can't back down during pregnancy (unless in case of abortion), and she couldn't back out and leave it to the father.
    Birth must be allowed to happen before the father dumps everyone.
    Why should he have freedom during the nine months the woman can't?

• When sexists call woman wimps, then dump the load on them...

Why would a man and a woman deliberately conceive a child, only to have the father step out? Or if it was accidental, the father should be supporting the mother, emotionally, and financially. Some might claim that the burden lays solely on the mother, but she didn't knock herself up, did she? If you believe this, just remember the man is the one who causes the woman to become pregnant. However, the mother is the one carrying the child. Both are responsible. If the father refuses to pay for the child, hopefully the mother divorces or breaks up with him, and finds financial support elsewhere.

Vox_Veritas says2016-01-05T18:06:48.267
If abortion is to be legal then yes, I'd agree with this idea. If men don't have any say in whether women abort the children which they are fathers to then men don't have any obligation whatsoever to pay any form of child support.
Vox_Veritas says2016-01-05T18:08:42.410
No say, no responsibility. Anything less than this is misandry.