Dustin Johnson takes leave of absence from golf: Is it a good idea to leave a tournament to focus on personal health and well-being?

• Always Put Health first!!

Regardless of the situation, your health will always come first, because when something is wrong with your health it always leads to a life or death situation, and nobody have time to put their life on the line for any job, tournament, or anything, people should be able to understand that no matter what.

• Dustin Johnson takes leave of absence from golf

''I will use this time to seek professional help for personal challenges I have faced,'' Johnson said. ''By committing the time and resources necessary to improve my mental health, physical well-being and emotional foundation, I am confident that I will be better equipped to fulfill my potential and become a consistent champion.''

He asked for privacy ''as I embark upon this mission of self-improvement.''

• Personal Health and Well-Being is Important

It is a good idea for anyone to leave a tournament to focus on personal health or well-being, including Dustin Johnson. If there are important health issues to attend to, nothing else should get in the way, even a golf tournament. Even if someone loves golf like Dustin Johnson does, the reality is that if he doesn't take care of himself, he may never be able to return to golf. It is worth it to take a break.

• Johnson made the mature decision.

Dustin Johnson may not have made the most popular decision. Dropping out of the remainder of the PGA season, especially with fans and fellow golfers depending on him to be a key player on the Ryder Cup team, will have its backlash. However, his decision was about more than golf, and although not easy, he is right to take the time off to focus on the well-being of himself and his family.