Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was sentenced to death for his role in the 2013 Boston Marathon bombings. Was it the right move?

Asked by: ladiesman
  • Vengeance has value

When the news came out that seal team six toasted bin Laden, that was good news. Some people deserve to die, and it's a good thing when they do. This guy, Tsarnaev, is one of those people. We can't undo what he did, but we can make him pay. A large number of people desire satisfaction, especially given how well known the crime is in this case. Kill him. People want it. Justice requires it.

• In a practical sense

The alternative sanction for Tsarnaev was life without parole, and I think between life without parole and capital punishment, the death penalty is more feasible. If you're going to sentence someone to die in prison, why not just get it over with and execute them? And from an economic standpoint, life without parole would have been more expensive.

• Yes its good.

There is no doubt it could be not beneficial for him. But for other peoples to get some example and lesson.
    So for killing punishment should be death nothing else.

• Yes its good.

• Make him suffer more.

In his case, he expressed no remorse so I don't think we would do him justice by giving him a quick death. He needs to rot in jail and realize what he has done. Granting him the death penalty would only make him a martyr. So I think the court was being too nice to him.

• No it wasnt

I understand the anger. I almost had three people in danger at the bombing and one woukdve been right at the finish line. By lucky councidence, two had a flight delay and one stayed home to finish homeworl. But justice isnt supposed to be run by anger and desire for vengence. This will only make him a martyr, wont deter others, and he is supposed to be the killer. Whay are we going down to that level?

• Don't give him what he wants.

The only reason that he bombed Massachusetts was he believed that he would die; becoming a martyr. He wants to be glorified by friends, family, and Muslims. By killing him we only intensify the motivations of the Muslims. If we keep him locked up then there will be less motivations for Muslims and he will not receive the "gift" of death.

• That is way too easy...

I don't think that death should be choice for this. Why should he get the easy way out. I understand that he committed a horrible crime but I don't think that killing him will solve anything. I don't think killing one to show that killing is wrong is an effective way of handling this at all.

• He does deserve death but...

I think making him rot in prison is a better alternative. He killed innocent people and he doesn't deserve an easy way out of this situation. I do realize that it makes more economic sense to give him the death penalty but he has shown no remorse and deserves to rot in prison.

• The government shouldn't have the right to decide death

Many experts and scientists have proven that the death penalty doesn't deter criminals. This guy was probably doing it to appease his god, so why make him a martyr? Obviously sending him to a mental health facility would be much better for society and could help his mental health, showing him why such a terrible crime is not acceptable in civilized societies.

• Kill a young adult fill with hate but pay taxes to rapist and murderers.

This kid is guilty of an attack in American civilians, such acts cant go unpunished. But to place him in a death penalty, it over the limit. Our jails are full of rapist, gangmebers, criminals, and thief's. Many whom have done more harm than Dzhokhar, especially gang members whom sale drugs on our streets, kill, rape, and cause chaos. Yet we have them sitting in prison while WE pay for their taxes. If this kid gets the death penalty then they all should, if not then place him in life in prison or attack him to a rocket and fire him into an ISIS base (that would be the best option).

• No One Deserves to Die

It's a very personal opinion of mine, I truly believe the No One deserves to die under any circumstances. He did something terrible, something absolutely awful, resulting in the death of 3 and the injury of over 200 more, but he, and anyone/everyone else, no not deserve to die, ever.

Posted by: acb
  • He will be seen as a martyr

If we sentence him to death, others with possibly the same motive will want that sort of infamy and try to attempt the same thing! He should be put in jail for life without parole, so he stay there for the rest of his life and think about what he has done! Time-out for you, bad Dzhokhar!

• It's a bit hypocritical

So they're killing a guy that killed people to prove that killing people is wrong. I don't follow that logic. To assume that the government is above the law is both idiotic and reminiscent of the book "1984" by George Orwell. It'd be better to put him in prison for the rest of his life.

difference says2015-05-17T03:05:49.697
About as right as any other move. A punishment like death is no good except to deter others from doing the same.