• You Need Talent

The most common argument against 'EDM' is that all an artist needs is a laptop and no talent what so ever. I tried my hand at producing a couple of years back and am still doing so, and it's not as easy as it looks. In order to make a track that someone would appreciate (much less, buy), you have to have a ear for sound, some musical knowledge and a lot of effort and time. Good electronic music isn't wholly made on computers per se, rather actual synthesizers and modulators are made use of as well.

• EDM is way better

Both genres need skills and talent to produce music. Both are great but i prefer EDM than rock. DJs are more talented than guitarists, drummers, bassists. EDM is way cooler than Rock. I would rather listen to DJs than Rock bands. Avicii, Martin Garrix, The Chainsmokers, Steve Aoki, and Skrillex are my favorite DJs and my favorite Rock bands are MCR, Green Day, Simple Plan, Panic! At The Disco.

• EDM is way better

• EDM is better

Men on computers are far better than men on electric guitars. EDM is better because it is danceable and more enjoyable than Rock. There are many Rock bands that are good but I would prefer to listen to DJ's than Rock bands. EDM all the way!!! EDM deserves to be loved

• EDM is better

• Nope. Not even close.

Pop music is going to ruin the legacy of rock and metal. Kids these days believe a lot of EDM is really talented. Hello?! No instruments. Just a damn computer. Rock actually requires instruments. This is a pointless argument. No. No. No. No. No. No. And No to EDM. Yup.

• Long Live Rock and Roll.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against EDM as a genre, I actually quite enjoy a bit of it here and there: Disclosure are fantastic live and Chvrches will forever remain to be one of the best things to ever come out of Scotland, but if I'm completely honest, as great as earth-shaking bass lines and euphoric synth melodies are, nothing quite beats a good ol' guitar solo. The fact that so many EDM acts that fill the charts these days are just such utter tosh (Chainsmokers, David Guetta, Calvin Harris) the later two of which know about as much about music as they do ancient Irish poetry, doesn't particularly shift my opinion in EDM's favour either.

• Rock is way better than EDM

Anyone can do an EDM song. All you need is a computer. No talent required! I can make an EDM song now, and it'll be a grain of sand in the vast EDM desert. And also, EDM all sounds the same. Blaring bass. Some random generic synth riff, and a drop. That's it. On the other hand, becoming a famous rocker takes hard work, effort and practice. Seeing rock live is an amazing experience. And also, rock has a lot of memorable riffs. Stairway to Heaven, Viva La Vida, Bohemian Rhapsody, Under The Bridge, all have classic riffs.

• In no way is EDM better then rock!

In EDM, there are just simple beats and computerized noises. It takes little skill at all to make an EDM song. There are no real instruments, so no real musical talent is really required. In rock, you need many different instruments. In EDM, you need a computer. I just think rock is better and requires more talent.