Elephants can tell the difference between human languages and know which languages belong to people with a history of hurting elephants. Should elephant hunting be banned?

• Elephants SHOULD NOT be hunted.

Elephants should NOT be hunted anymore for their Ivory. First of all it's illegal, Second of all they are living beings and deserve as much respect as we do. I'm not sure if it's banned or not already but I know for a fact it's illegal and I think it should stop. We have to realize that we are not the only ones on earth. We share our world with millions of other species, including Elephants.

• Yes of course it should be banned

For me it is said that this is even a question. Elephant should be banned without a shadow of a doubt. In fact any sort of big game hunting should also be banned. There is no need for it, whatever the reason for the hunting it has to stop. Leave the animals alone because it isn't fair on them.

• It's outrageous that it hasn't been banned already.

Hunting of almost all animals should be banned with the exception of those that provide us with food. I didn't know that elephants were so intelligent and I was against their hunting even before that. We all need to realize that this planet doesn't just belong to us, we share it with millions of others species and we need to act responsibly.

• Yes, Elephant hunting should be banned.

Elephant hunting should be banned. There is no reason--no health or economic needs that require the use of elephant parts for human consumption. Therefore, the destructive behavior of killing elephants just for collecting trinkets is unnecessary. Elephants have lived in the wild for thousands of years and they should be left alone.

• We have killed off enough species

There is really no reason to hunt elephants that is worthy, other than maybe a tribe who stores the meat to eat throughout the year to feed their families. Most people hunt elephants just to say they killed one, or for their tusks, and these are not good enough reasons to risk instinction of this noble animal.