Elon Musk plans to get humans to Mars in six years. Is this a waste of time?

• E e e e e e e e e e e e e

I just voted yes to be the first one who voted yes but no it isn't a waste of time
    e
    e
    e
    e
    e
    e
    e
    e
    eee e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e

• It is not a waste of time for Elon Musk to persue his plan to get humans to Mars in six years.

Elon Musk plans to get humans to Mars in six years. While his achievement may not be met within six years, the lessons learned while trying will ensure that humans will eventually get to Mars. Starting with a time frame to accomplish his goal, Elon Musk shows great potential to at least make strides towards fruition.

• Maybe now, but not later

Right now, it seems to me that there are a lot of other problems we should focus on. I like the idea of Mars exploration and possibly settlements, but I'm not sure how realistic it is, and with hunger, poverty, racism and climate issues it seems that maybe we should try to solve some of those first.

• I don't feel getting humans to Mars is a waste of time

I don't think Elon Musk's plans to get humans to Mars in six years is a waste of time. This would be a major step in space exploration and that much closer to traveling in space beyond out solar system. Any effort to explore other planets would be an incredible breakthrough.

• No, this is not a waste of times.

Traveling to Mars is not a waste of time. The space exploration would be beneficial to humanity. New technological innovations will be developed for the space missions; which will someday be used to benefit society. Cell phones, microwaves and many other consumer products were developed for the Apollo moon missions.