English is mainly learn through speaking and listening and not writing and reading

Asked by: mana2
  • Literacy lowest Priority, especially in US

Because English is mainly learned by ear, America has a high percentage of illiterate citizens.

Hence why entertainment makes up a huge portion of their economy. Lawmakers and Lawyers get by by reciting already written portions of their laws.

Bottom Line, No one knows how to read in America, if so, Americans would read the lawmakers bill and ask for their taxpaying money back.

• Don't lose them to electronics

Although there are so many ways to teach our children on electronic devices and the internet. Nothing compares to teaching the basics (ie: reading and writing) . Most of the world requires hands on to learn and that includes how we learn in school. Computers and internet should stay a convenience and not become a way of life for those who will be leading us in the future.

• What do you mean?

Some people will say that learning English is knowing how to read and write, not just how to talk. If so, then it is definetly learned through reading and writing. If English is only speaking and listening, then it is only learned through speaking and listening. I used to red a lot when I was younger, and I definetly learned the most through reading.

• Both listening and reading are inputs

Good speaking skill mainly depend on capability of listening, not of reading while writing proficiency mainly depend on a large number of articles and books that have read. In addition, most knowledge of human being were collected in the form of documentary.
    Time for listening, speaking, reading, wring efficiently allocated make you the best English learner.

• Both listening and reading are inputs

• It depends on the person

I myself am an auditory learner. So yes for me I learned far more English from speaking and listening than I did from reading and writing, as do most auditory learners.

However, a much larger percentage of the population are visual learners so they will learn a lot more about the language from reading and writing.

• No I disagree.

Poor education is to blame that people learn by ear. Lots of people simply learn by ear due to laziness, English is a quite grammatical language and people who learn by writing and reading pick up words and phrases much faster than people who are simply listening by ear. 1mw.

• Practice makes perfect.

I do agree in the one hand because a language must be spoken but before that you have to write and read in order to know how to speak well English. Also we read and write if we want to know grammar rules and how to conjugate. So Its compulsory to write and read for learning english

Seido says2014-04-22T15:37:14.007
Just gonna point out the irony in this title, "English is mainly learn through speaking and listening and not writing and reading".

"English is mainly learned through speaking speaking and listening, and not through writing and reading"